6☆Goodnight

When Smalls left, Y/n had assumed the mood between Benny and herself would be painful and quiet. However, it turned out to be rather the opposite. They talked easily about nothing and everything until it felt like they'd be friends forever rather than only a few hours. Benny had even given her advice on batting and throwing and told her that the better she was at the game, the more the others would let her play.
     Long after the streetlights had flickered on and the stars became visible, Y/n realized how worried her parents probably were. 
     "Benny, I should probably get home." He nodded in agreement, "Yeah, me too. I can walk you back." The duo stood together and ever so slowly made their way to Y/n's house, continuing to talk along the way.
     When they reached the front stoop of Y/n's modest and run-down home, she took a good look at Benny's face. At the thick, dark lashes that delicately rested atop his eyes, which sparkled in the moonlight. He noticed her watching gaze and smiled teasingly. Benny grabbed her hand and kissed it softly. He then turned and hurried off calling, "See you tomorrow, Y/n," over his shoulder. She felt her face burning as she fumbled with the door knob and stepped dazedly into her new and still unfamiliar home. That was when she realized: Do I like Benny?
     After the butterflies finally ceased, she wandered into the kitchen where she found a note on the counter, scribbled in nearly unreadable writing, "Dad and I are at the Smalls for some drinks and catching up. We love you, see you in the morning."