xChapter 46 - A Beast Exits From Hibernation

The group of thugs all stand surrounding Ray Ramirez & Sam Penningberg in complete and utter shock. Laying on the ground is a gang member who was knocked out with just one singular attack from this utter beast of a man.

"Two hundred and six," Ray says.

The group of thugs stands there confused.

"That's how many bones are in the human body," Ray continues.

Suddenly Ray grabs two people by the neck and lifts them into the air.

"And that's how many bones I'm going to break in all of you!" Ray finishes as he slams the two into the ground before stomping on their legs.

As the two cry out in pain Sam sighs and goes, "At least you remembered basic biology."

"Of course I do, I'm your assistant and you teach biology," Ray remarks as he grabs a thug, and drags his face on the wall before slamming his head into another thug's head as he adds, "and if I didn't know biology, how would I be able to know the best ways to bring pain!"

"All of us attack at once!" A thug yells as he and several others rush towards Ray.

However, Ray slams his elbow into one of the thug's backs before slamming the same elbow into another thug's face. When two get close to him, Ray drops to the floor, kicks their feet in, and as they fall to the ground, he grabs both of their legs and swings the two into each other.

As Li-Wei stands there, hearing noises no bones should ever make, hearing cries from grown men as if they were young children, he remembers hearing from someone that the man didn't fight like a human, but more so an animal. And seeing him up in person, he could see how true that was. He didn't use any thought-out plans, the way he fought was sloppy and unrefined.

But none of that mattered.

Because the thing that made Ray Ramirez a force to be reckoned with was his untouchable strength.

As Ray finishes knocking out many of the thugs in his way he says, "Who's next."

Li-Wei Zhang, The Arrow of Club Azure, answers his question by punching him in the face.

"You really do live up to your reputation," Li-Wei remarks as he continues to punch Ray repeatedly, "Unfortunately for you, I'm someone who never backs down from anything, and always moves forward."

However as each punch continues to land, a smile begins to creep onto Ray's face. A smile that only grows bigger the more Li-Wei punches him. Eventually Li-Wei is tired out by trying to hit him and when he looks at his fists, he sees that he's started to bleed due to punching Ray.

"My turn," Ray Ramirez replies.

In that one instance, Li-Wei felt pure fear. Almost as if he was a rabbit being hunted by a ferocious tiger, one that just devoured him whole.

Ray grabs Li-Wei and as he grips him tightly, Li-Wei's bones start to snap under the pressure. Ray then performs a tackle that sends Li-Wei's head careening into the asphalt below him. As they land, Ray lets go of Li-Wei and the unconscious man falls to the ground defeated.

"That was a nice warm-up," Ray says as he wipes his bloody hands on his shorts, "So who's next?"

All of the Club Azure gang members there grab their unconscious brethren, including Li-Wei, and retreat.

"Well that's anticlimactic," Ray groans, "This is why you never trust a dude from California."

"California?" Sam Penningberg questions.

"Uh yeah, they had 'C.A.' on their jackets, isn't that California?" Ray questions.

"I thought that was supposed to mean Central America," Penningberg adds.