Chapter 4

Stefan Salvatore wasn’t having a good day, heck he wasn’t even having a good week. He wanted to know what’s going on in his brother’s head. One minute he is being all nice, then he goes killing his coach Tanner and being cryptic and he really didn’t want to know what he is doing with Caroline. He thought he would leave the blonde alone but he didn’t. He and Zach seem to be the only people who are concerned with Damon’s behavior. He really didn’t want to talk to Aria about Damon’s behavior. Damon has always been kind, nice to her since the day they rescued her from the Dursleys. She never knew what type of person Damon was. Even though she knew that they were vampires she never considered them as monsters even after knowing that they killed people before. She accepted them and loved them unconditionally. Stefan could have easily told Aria all about Damon’s activities and make her see Damon’s true self but he didn’t want to do that though. On top of all this, finding out that his nephew Zach is apparently growing Vervain felt like a nail in the coffin. 

So he plotted how to one up Damon.

Come on munchkin! It would be fun,” Damon persuaded Aria as she made breakfast. 

“No way! I am not coming to that party, it sounds boring. I am not going to spend the only 6 hrs time I have free in a day attending a party when I could be sleeping and besides I have morning shift that day.”

“It’s not that boring, it could be very fun with the right people, aka me. Besides, a little birdie might have used its power of persuasion to change your shift time.”

Aria snorted, “power of persuasion my arse. Don’t do that again, my sleep schedule won’t be able to survive all those changes.”

“So you are coming?” 

“Well! Jenna did ask me to accompany her,” said Aria smirking at his scowl.

“Why are you going with Jenna when I am the one who compelled the staff for your shift change?”

“Jenna did ask me first and I am sure you have some diabolical plans to attend to.” Aria joked.

“Nothing diabolical, I just need to retrieve something that belongs to me.”

Aria didn’t ask for him to elaborate as she drank her blueberry smoothie.