Chapter 20: Roman Grant

"I swear, I'm not that mean anymore. I saw the cake and slammed her face in it," Gabby exclaims, causing Hazel and Tank to laugh at her story.

I'll be honest, I wasn't paying that much attention. I could only think about Gabby's hand resting naturally on my thigh underneath the table. I haven't been able to breathe since she did it maybe five minutes ago, and I haven't felt like such a fucking teenage boy in years. 

I'm fucking obsessed with her. 

Tank glances at me from across the table as if he knows that I am losing my shit over here, but he doesn't acknowledge me any further. Instead, he gives his undivided attention to the children at his feet who cannot stop asking random questions about the world that he most certainly can't answer so he's lying his ass off. 

It makes me laugh to see the men that I've practically grown up with (it feels like it at least) and have seen shoot people be the kindest and most patient fathers I've ever witnessed in action.

I know raising children isn't easy, and I don't see all the background shit happening, but it makes me want to have children of my own. I've pretty much always wanted my own children. 

I know that sounds different than what most men say or care to admit in their life, but growing up with such a loving family, I've wanted to raise children and let them experience a caring family for themselves. 

Seeing my sister building and beginning her own family, and my brother excited to start his own, only makes that desire in me grow. I find something so precious about children, and I guess that's why I love being with and hanging out with the MC children so much. 

I know parenting is not for everyone, and I believe that is perfectly fine. Having children is a huge decision, and not everyone wants that, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to choose another route for life. For myself though, children are a part of my future I look forward to.

"Would you boys be alright if Gabby and I took a little walk around the property?" Hazel asks above the noise of her children.

Tank doesn't hesitate in agreeing with that, so I know that Gabby will be safe too. He wouldn't put Hazel in danger, so I can follow his lead.

"We'll be back in thirty."

"Alright, but I'll come looking for you if you don't come back in exactly thirty, pumpkin."

"I wouldn't expect anything less, Tank," Hazel replies, kissing him on the cheek.

The ladies smile at each other, linking their arms together, and disappearing out the back door.

"We can have some boy time then too," Tank says happily to his two boys.

The kids roar and go taking off into the living room to jump all over the couch.

"She has too much testosterone in her life," I commented teasingly, Tank sending me a grin.

"You and Gabby look good together. You seem closer than when I even saw you last night."

I don't say a word about it and just show off my new tattoo.

"Well, that would do it," he admits with a shrug, "how did she feel about that?"

"Stunned but she secretly loves it. She doesn't admit it, but I can tell."

"Yeah, that seems about right. Would it be alright if I asked you a more personal question about her?" he speaks calmly.

"You can ask. I don't know if I'll answer."

"Fair. She freaked out a little when we arrived at the bar last night. Did something happen to her there? Is she okay?"