Chapter 7: Gone Little Girl

Sitara ate by the stream while talking to Nysha a bit. Nysha was telling her about how she spent her childhood, how she saw so many decades, heard stories of different realms. Sitara told her about her childhood, her loving grandmother and so on. That moment Sitara felt bit normal.

After the dinner was done they walked by the cottages. Everyone were wrapping it up so they went to Joy and Mila's house to rest.

Hours were advancing. Sitara, being tired, fell fast asleep. On the other side of the room Nysha was having a disturbing sleep.

She decided to go out for fresh air and she heard some whispers.

She followed the sound and saw few people have discreetly gathered in the Elder's room. Amongst them Joy and Mila and few other Cosmovians were present.

Nysha tiptoed in the dark to go closer so that she could listen what everyone were talking about.

" We can not waste any more time. Make sure by tomorrow evening we get to make that sacrifice. Then only we can harness enough power to put Aziam down. Make sure everything is ready."- The elder whispered.

Nysha wondered with the word of sacrifice. Being a witch herself, she knew usually the sacrifices in spells means something bad. She kept hearing until she gets the context but what she heard next, made her skin crawl.

"Also, can you find a way to break the spell of tracking Celestine's soul imprint before we sacrifice Sitara's life! In this way,we could make sure that nobody ever tries to bring Celestine and her evilness back. " - The Elder sounded compassionate yet cold in her tone.

"But then all these won't be painless anymore. To break the spell Sitara would have to go through so much pain. If it was just the sacrifice, we could have just put her to sleep and drain till the last drop of that girl's blood. But breaking 5000 years old spell! That girl would suffer a lot." - Joy murmured.

"Oh I know. But I had raised Celestine when she was young and I have met this reincarnation of hers, she still has the light and I can't let that light get caught up in any Cosmovian drama again. Celestine's darkness should never follow in any of her reincarnation. That's why we have to do it."- The Elder was determined.

Nysha heard all of those conversations and she started walking back towards the cottage stealthily where she and Sitara was sleeping in cutting through the faint glows of fireflies and the mystic darkness of the night.

***

When Sitara woke up in the morning, she was alone in her room. She looked at Nysha's bed, Nysha wasn't there. Sitara could hear some light whispers coming from outside, so she got up and she walked outside.

Outside of the room she saw Mila was hastily chopping some herbs and Nysha was helping her too.

Seeing Sitara, Mila greeted her delightfully, "Hey pretty. Had a good sleep?"

"Yes, thank you."- Sitara politely said.

"Aw! Do you want breakfast? Or see your family, before you.."- Mila stopped for once, she felt the glare of Nysha and then she corrected herself, "I mean before the ritual for the dessicateing starts."

"It's today?"- Sitara enquired. She looked at Nysha as she felt like she can only trust her.

"Yes. The witches said so. That's why I started helping Mila. " -Sitara's worry got temporarily relived by the words of Nysha.