Chapter 12: Elevator

Feb 26th, 2:28 pm.

Damn your elevator. Damn your landlord for not fixing the elevator. You had half the mind to not pay your rent until he fixed it.

'Next week!' He would always chant, no matter when you asked.

You paused to catch your breath, letting your tote bags of groceries and other miscellaneous shopping rest on the stair in front of you.

Damn you for buying so much useless shit.

Over the sound of you internally swearing at yourself, you missed the call of your name from behind you.

"(Y/n)-?" You turned, jumping slightly at the sight of Simon.

"Jesus. You're like a ghost." Simon made a face, one that was borderline unreadable, as all his faces are, and shook his head gently.

"Something like that." He stood a few steps behind you, but you two were at eye level.

His eyes shot down for a second, then back up.

"Need help?"

Huh?

What a shock.

"Uhm..." You looked at the bags at your feet, then up at the stairwell. You still had two more flights to go. "If you aren't busy."

Simon shook his head.

"I'm rarely busy when I'm home." He leaned over, picked up most of the bags, slinging one over his shoulder, and started to climb the stairs. Quickly you grabbed the remaining bags and chased after him, which was slightly hard to do as he climbed the stairs two at a time, taking large steps.

You two walked in silence until you arrived at your floor, he set the bags in front of your door, and Simon walked back to his apartment.

"Thank you, Simon!" You called as he walked into his apartment, and sighed when he shut the door.

What an odd man.

___

I didn't have internet for a while. Oops.

This chapter and the next are my least favourites so far, my bad shawties.