The Wine&Dine Canines of the Upper West Side

(EDITED)

(Note to readers: Some chapters ahead may not be fixed to be in line with the new edits) 

KCLO3

Potassium chlorate.

Strong oxidizer. Burns purple. Highly explosive.

____________________________

"Corvus has been nicknamed to a 'halfway house' as of last week's match between them and the Rebels where they showcased their brand new line of subs, consisting of Stirling Beta, a Class III at that. With it, controversy has poured in from the fans—"

"Corvus fans are demanding an explanation from Avaldi University following an intense match between Corvus and UCLA's Bruins as to how nationally-ranked front port, Kane King, can be subbed by a Class III Stirling—"

"I think everyone is forgetting that that Stirling beat the top three of the Rebels' team, not only beat but destroyed! Now I'm not saying it's a good idea, but there is some credit to be given—"

"Many Stirlings have come forth with concerns about mixing two drastic ends of the lycan spectrums together as they state they 'don't need more targets on their backs'. It's gone so far as to an anonymous Padmore representative at IPRA even saying in an interview with NBC that they feel it's setting up the new three players for not only media hate, but real danger—"

"It's too controversial! It's too controversial. Even a Class III with a Class I is risky, but a Stirling? It's gotta be a publicity stunt!"

"Avaldi's board of student athletics said they are well aware of the situation and intend to support Corvus and Coach Emeline Edwards in their team decisions, however, they've made a point to emphasize they did not initially support it, considering the political backlash—"

"But I can't think that the NCAA didn't try to argue this decision, so they're must have been some kind of reason, I hope, I pray, for putting Yun in at this point in the season, and for letting him play in such a brutal match. I want to trust this team, they're nationally ranked for a reason. That match was truly something, I haven't seen a play like that in a very long time, but politics hold any sport in an iron grip, especially square racing, so the most we can do is wait and see."

_____________________

Contrary to your fairytales and fever-fueled eroticas, lycans and silver have a more complicated relationship than you think.

Every creature came with their weakness. Allicin sent bloodsuckers into anaphylactic shock, rock salt burned off siren skin, veganism was a surefire kill for gumiho, filtered water was all it took to scar bulgae, and caffeine usually put werewolves in the ER. Pick your poison.

Metallothioneins metabolize metals just fine for most eukaryotes to keep silver from being toxic, but somewhere along the screwy evolution of lycans, we'd lost a certain line of coding that metabolized silver and increased trace sulfur. It meant stronger ligaments and tendons, but it meant a hellish silver sulfide reaction—cue the black scars. So, you had two options: live with the it until it killed you, or get the 607.