10- Fire II

[ W A R N I N G S ]

Violence

Blood

Swearing

Fire

Angst

Fluff

A/N: This chapter will be very long, one of my longest probably EVER. This will be full of lore and will be important but there will be a TL:DR at the bottom just in case or forget things at the end so don't worry!

♡ ♡ ♡

Day 4 in Hankala (continued)

You ran away from the fire, making your skin become cooler as you stumbled around a corner near the farmer's market. You thought of Yara Husniya, wondering if she was okay since you hadn't seen her. You shuffled a little, making the sweets you got from yesterday in your pockets- making you feel more determined. Two of the Kou Empire's soldiers were talking up ahead of you in front of the fisherman's stall. "We're here to capture the dungeon for the First Imperial Prince."

You paused for a second, the name didn't sound that familiar to you, but you figured it was a person from power. After all, who else could order Kou soldiers do do this and to capture a dungeon?

"If we're here for the dungeon then why are we doing this to the villagers?" The other soldier asked which made the other one angry and grabbed him by his collar. "Because we we're told to! Are you so incompetent you can't follow through with orders!?"

"No- No sir! I'm a proud Kou soldier, I will follow through with my duty!" He said, obviously scared to his wits but his superior just let go of him without another word. "Then get to work and go that way. Well, GO!" He pointed behind his fellow soldier.

The younger soldier just ran away in the direction he pointed in and the older one grabbed the hilt of his sword and walked in the other direction. The direction that you were in. Crap. You tried to hide more in the shadows but with the fire to your right, it was harder to since everything was illuminated.

He came closer and closer, his armour clunking becoming louder and louder which made you more and more scared. You looked around to see if you could get anything to protect yourself. The only things you saw was your guitar case strapped onto your back which you could slam into him and the bin lid- made of metal.

You chose the second option. You grabbed the lid shakily which made the bin fall over. The man stopped in his tracks. A few feet from you. You swore under your breath as you heard him take his sword out of its scabbard slowly.

He started walking again, a little slower and cautiously as you ran out of the alleyway and slammed the metal lid into his body which caught him off guard. He was tossed to the floor, and you tackled him.

He fought back and almost won while smirking, but you grabbed the bin lid and hit his head with it. Knocking him out. You were gasping for air and grabbed his sword, put it back in the scabbard and tied it on yourself. It was quite heavy and could slow you down.

You took the bin lids handle and put it on your arm in a kind-of-make shield. You couldn't smell any more fire except for the hut or hear anyone else asking for help. Should you go to the dungeon where they plan on going or protect the villagers that helped you for the past four days?