14- Sinbad?

[ W A R N I N G S ]

Fluff

Headache

Naked man (Sinbad)

hallucinated mist

♡ ♡ ♡

(OPENING SCENE)

(HOURS BEFORE THE EVENTS OF CHAPTER 13)

Leila was controlling the reins of the horse that is pulling the carriage. Sahsa was sat beside her, looking ahead. The road was uneven so the carriage was shaking slightly. Morgiana and Aladdin eyes were closed as they were sitting together. Their chests rising up and down slowly.

The strings of the guitar were strummed a little as you were cleaning it and re-tuning it. Leila addressed you, "Hey, (Y/N). We talked about Yara briefly, right?" You looked at her and nodded. "Yeah, for a minute or two, why?"

Leila took a deep breath, pausing, "How is she doing?" Leila asked softly, her voice shaking. Sahsa sent her a worried expression but Leila's back was turned to you so her face was hidden. You didn't want to say anything that would make her upset.

"She's residing in Hankala right now. She's made a few friends." You said calmly, going back to cleaning the guitar. "Is there anything else?" Leila spoke after a few seconds.

You stopped again, "She was involved in a trafficking rink. She isn't anymore though. The guy was taken away which was a huge plus. She seems alright now, she wasn't in any physical distress before I left."

Leila held the reins harder, making her knuckles turn white. "Really?" You hummed in response. "You should go see her, y'know? She probably misses you." Leila sighed from the front seat.

"I know but, what if she really doesn't want to see me? What happens if I'm just pushed away?" Leila spoke, her voice cracking. Sahsa put her hand on the blonde's shoulder with furrowed brows.

"You're siblings. I'm confident Yara would love to see you, especially if it's been years since you saw each other. Even if it's less than a few hours, I'm sure Yara would be happy." You said, re-tuning the guitar more.

Silence fell over your group more, before Sahsa spoke up. "You haven't really spoke about your journeys in Hankala. Can you tell us?" You smiled at her words, thinking. "Hankala is a really hot place. One of the sunniest places I've been to. The people in Hankala are very welcoming.

You continued, "The main people I met there was: Ethel, Ayla, Yunan, Yara, the chief and Abh al-Wail. They're amazing people. Ethel dropped me off before I met you, Leila and Morgiana. Ayla is Abh Ah-Wail's little sister. Yara is obviously, Leila's older sister. She's a bright person. The chief was the one that requested me to conquer the dungeon. Yunan was someone I met briefly and he..."

You paused, looking down at the golden ring. "He is a friend." Your eyes wandered to the silver bracelet on your wrist, a smile came on your face again. "Abh Ah-Wail is amazing, he's an amazing older brother and a good friend."

Sahsa giggled lightly at your descriptions of your friends. "You said you went into a dungeon, how was it?" Your smile dropped at her words. "Stressful." The golden ring shined in the sun, almost mockingly.

"I've had this power for a while now but... I can't use it. I can't even summon my weapon either. It glowed once when Morgiana and I were fighting the bandits... I can't help but wonder if something is wrong with me or if An-Nur just can't come out."

Thinking about the dungeon, the Kou Empire captain. His red hair and aggressive demeanour. Your frown got deeper, getting a shiver. Sahsa started panicking, "Ah, sorry if I brought up any bad memories!"

You left your thoughts and you smiled, "No, you didn't, don't worry. I was just thinking."