Part 2: Verleider

Verlaider by now was taking a nap in what looked like the middle of nowhere. He figured that if Dr. Brighton comes back tomorrow, he could put his tactical plan in action. He slept peacefully as he felt the grass on his back, breathing in the cold and crisp air of the night. He kept dreaming about her. He dreamed of holding her close to him and kissing her without a care in the world. He was in love with her, and he wanted to tell her.

The next day, Verlaider woke up to the sound of a red Ferrari. As the monster recognized it, he began using all of his stamina to follow it back to the bunker.

He stopped at a bush as a means to hide from Collin and Dr. Brighton. He looked at the woman's slim neck and broad shoulders. She looked so sexy and he wanted to make her his girlfriend. Without hesitation, he left the bush he was hiding behind and started to quietly follow them. Whilst he was following the two scientists, he quietly entered. After entering the bunker, he hid inside one of the rooms so he wouldn't be seen... but he didn't seem to close the door as he wanted to listen to what the colleagues were saying.

"So this Verleider... according to his file, he can control humans as if they were mere puppets. How is that interesting?" Asked Collin.

"I'm not sure, but we've got to be very careful. The files say that he's a master tactician, meaning he could enter the bunker without us noticing," replied Dr. Brighton with much interest and warning.

"Uh... Brighton? You might wanna turn around..." said Collin, shaking and sweating in fear. Dr. Brighton turned around to see who was behind her and her colleague.

"Sweet mother of God..." she shakily whispered as she slowly covered her lips with her fingers in shock.

Verleider just stared at the two scientists. He looked at Collin and out of jealousy, and used his telepathic powers to blow him up, making his guts and remains splatter onto the glass windows of the bunker's rooms. Dr. Brighton was shaking in so much fear that she was backing away from the monster. Verleider, with a confused look and a goofy laugh, followed the scientist.

"Now, Ver... I know you didn't mean to blow him up, but you don't have to kill people. It's not necessary. Please... you don't have to do this," she said, shaking and sweating.