Part 5: Clearing Verleider's Name

It had only been 6 months since the incident in Berlin, Germany. Verleider got plastic surgery so he could look more like a human being, and Dr. Brighton quit her job at the M.S.R.C (Monster Studies Research Center). They were living in a quiet neighborhood in a suburban area, located somewhere in California. As Brighton turned on the TV, an anchorman from ABC News was reporting the incident in Berlin, Germany. She shuddered in discomfort, changing the channel to a game show.

"I never thought 6 months ago would come to pass, Ver," said Brighton.

"Tell me about it. I have done things I regret, but I know there's no way to make up for them. Besides, Berlin already hates me for being a monster," replied Verleider.

"It can't be your fault. Maybe if we meet another friend of mine, perhaps he can help us out with something."

"Who exactly did you have in mind?"

12 minutes later, they were at Jeremy's place. Jeremy was the kind of guy who looks like he only cares about rap music, money, and sex. On the contrary, he's an expert tactician like Verleider.

"So you want my help to clear your name?" Jeremy asked, drinking a bit of beer from a bottle before setting it on a coffee table.

"That's all we ask for, Jer. You and Ver have a few things in common, so why not try a few tactics in order to make it work?" Asked Brighton, smiling nervously.

Jeremy got up from his brown sofa and walked up to Verleider. Ver looked nervous as Jer got a bit closer to his face with a look of concern. As Jeremy then backed off, he laughed. Ver and Brighton both chuckled nervously in unison.

"I'll help you out, on one condition."

"What did you have in mind?" Asked Verleider.

"You let me kill Collin," said Jeremy in a small fit of anger.

"Oh, uh... yeah. About that..." added Brighton.

"I already killed him," confessed Verleider.

"Nice, bro! Alright, then. Let's do this," said Jeremy with delight as he, Ver, and Brighton got on their blue Toyota and started driving off to the airport.

Arriving at the airport and after scanning their tickets, they took a plane that flew straight to Berlin. It was 8 hours ahead when they arrived and the night still looked young. The trio arrived at the bunker where the incident took place. As Verleider looked down at the streets of the city, he gulped nervously.

"It's okay, Ver. We're in this together," said Brighton with an assuring smile. Jeremy gave a thumbs up and smiled in agreement.

This was Ver's moment of redemption, and it was now or never.