Part 3: Well-Intentioned Trap (Dr. Brighton's POV)

Verleider started to slowly approach me. I was shaking and sweating like a pig. I was getting fucking scared and I didn't know what else to do. As Ver got closer to my face, he looked at me with what I falsely thought was a perverted smile but a goofy one. As he chuckled, I screamed and started running for my life. Verleider started following me. He just wanted a friend, but I would come to realize this much, much later.

Oh fuck. Oh fuck! OH FUCK!, I thought to myself as I ran to the bunker's weapons room.

The room had a lot of futuristic weaponry, from guns to even gauntlets. Taking two pistols, I quickly grabbed two vials of purple plasma and loaded each one onto each pistol. Breathing very rapidly, I took a few quick glances out the corridor to see if Ver was coming.

He's not here yet. Well, let's stop wasting time, I thought to myself as I decided to bust the door open and take out my two plasma pistols and look for Ver.

I grabbed a flashlight from one of my coat's pockets, grabbed it, turned it on and started walking through the corridor. I then put one of my two pistols in one of the other coat pockets whilst I held the other one, locked and loaded. Suddenly, I started hearing a deep growling behind me, followed by a goofy laugh as I turned around to see Verleider.

"Pretty light!" Said the monster as his grin widened and openly.

I screamed again and shot bullets of plasma at Verleider's chest. They bounced off like bouncy balls and melted like wax as they dropped to the floor.

"Brighton, why scared? Why?" Verleider said as he approached me.

"Stay the fuck away from me, you monster!" I yelled at him as I fell to the floor, dragging myself with both my hands almost to no avail.

"Please. Please no be scared, Brighton. Verleider friend," he said as he kept approaching me.

My heart was beating faster than the Ferrari Collin drove me home with. As I saw the exit door opening, I laughed a little hysterically as I got up and ran for it. Verleider was starting to get angry, like angrier than the Hulk. He yelled a powerful scream as he started using his telekinetic powers on me.

"NO!" I screamed before I got under his control.

I couldn't move or anything. Using one index finger, he spinned me around just to have his eyes on me. He stared at my chest, and using his telekinetic powers, he pulled me closer and then stopped.

"Pretty light," Verleider said with a goofy smile.