6-6-15

Salutations.

Wow okay this was a fast update but I just had the weirdest moment in front of the mirror okay omfg.

Okay so anyone who follows me on Twitter or Instagram knows that I just recently got a new haircut, which was a dramatic change from before. Basically, it's a quiff-like style, bleached so that it's a really light, almost white color, that I've been wearing down for the last two days (since I got it) but just tried to put it up kind of similar to how Tyler wears his hair, and basically it was my first ever quiff but after a bit I finally got it to look presentable (which is a shame since its 10:39pm right now and I have no where to go).

Anyways, it finally looked perfect, and I just took a moment to look at it for a moment and bask in it, because I'm being honest, I'm hopeless (ha) with hair. But it looked perfect, exactly the way I had imagined it ever since I first wanted to get my hair cut (maybe eight or so months ago).

Then, feeling spontaneous, I put on some really dark red lipstick, because why not? Red lips are total aesthetic goals, and when I really start getting into makeup, I'm going to own as many shades of red as possible because I love it so much (anyone who's a part of the Lipstick Squad on Twitter, you guys know).

Once I got the hair and the lip color situated, I kinda modeled in front of the mirror for a moment, titling my hair side to side to get every angle, and at one point, I stopped dead at what I saw.

Okay, really minor detail, but does anyone remember that one A/N in TS, where I mentioned something about always having weird daydreams? And how one of them was me, having the hair I wanted, with bright red lips and dark clothes and everything (I also said a was a professional figure skater but that's never going to happen so ignore that)? Well, that was the most common image, and it constantly occupied my thoughts, ever since I first got the idea of what I'd look like, if I had the choice to dramatically change my appearance.

I'd literally pictured that for months, since last fall, at least. But, though I always imagined it to be my face and my body and my everything as that person I saw in my daydreams, I'd never really thought of it as someone I'd end up being. It was more. . .someone aspired to be, or someone to assimilate myself into, when I needed to put on a brave face.

But today, when I looked in that mirror, about twenty minutes ago, I saw that girl in the flesh. And for the first time, I've finally accepted that that person I saw every day really was me, all along.

Idek I just had to share that because I just had the weirdest moment omfg but I can't stop smiling now.

I've ever been so happy.

Yours Truly,

A Random Acquaintance