7-31-15

Salutations.

I'm so tired fuck me it's almost midnight rn but it's about to be the 31st so yano that's the date I'm going with.

And I just need to get back in the writing game bc as amazing as reading a fuck ton of Destiel fanfiction has been, the writing style isn't something I like to write, Dan since my writing likes to adapt to whatever I'd been reading recently, that's not going to go over so well lol (also I'm a typo whore rn shut up and love me).

And yeah basically I just want to talk about music and shit bc capsels and fFranasticsara both had parts in their personal books about songs that mean something to them, and idk if I can do that exactly me because a lot of songs mean a lot of things to me, but I can definitely talk about some specific songs that I happen to particularly like, and what I feel like when listening to them.

Okay for starters: my music taste is half generic, half trash. I don't particularly like country or rap, I've never gotten into 1D/5SOS types, and I despise Justin Bieber (if anyone tries to convince me not to I will literally just delete your comments he's one of the few people I actively dislike it's where my hatred is invested so that I'm not a total asshole to everyone) so yeah my music taste is kinda all over the place, and not a lot of people tend to like it [like I said, some people find it kinda generic, and some people (especially IRL's) don't know who the fuck I'm talking about, so yano].

As for what I do like, a few (kinda) bullet points:

⚯͛ My favorite artists are P!nk, Ingrid Michaelson, Melanie Martinez, Troye Sivan, and Fun./Nate Reuss respectively.

⚯͛ My favorite two songs of al, time are Ghost by Ingrid Michaelson and Sober by P!nk, I can never decide between the two, but I usually lean toward Ghost in all honesty.

⚯͛ My Top Ten songs as of now are Sober by P!nk, Who Knew also by P!nk, Ghost by Ingrid Michaelson, Ribbons also by Ingrid Michaelson, Warrior by Demi Lovato, Undone by Haley Reinhart, Safe and Sound tribute to Capital Cities by the Vitamin String Quartet,  Shadow Preachers by Zella Day, Lolita by Lana Del Rey, and Just Tonight by The Pretty Reckless.

⚯͛ The first song I ever liked after the major music denial drought I had (you can blame my overly religious school for that one) was Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift featuring the Civil Wars.

⚯͛ (This was literally the only song I regularly listened to for over a year, between when the first THG a movie came out, and a couple of months before the TFIOS movie came out, that wasn't something I could hear when my mom turned on the radio in the car).

⚯͛ [I only know it was right before TFIOS bc the next song I became interested in was Not About Angels by Birdy, back when the TFIOS themed music video was still up on her YouTube account, instead of the generic one (lowkey I'm still salty over that I geared up watching the original all video) and it's actually the prettiest, most delicate song I've ever fucking heard, it's the one that plays when Hazel drives home from Gus's funeral in the most whilst crying it's perfect].

⚯͛ I had a MAJOR Katy Perry phase before the aforementioned drought, and literally never stopped listening to her until the kids in my class convinced me that she was a devil worshipper (have I ever mentioned that I'm a naive dumbass?)(still liked her music, even though I felt kinda guilty tru).

⚯͛ I got more into music when I got a Spotify last November(?), which I solely got because Troye mentioned it in his videos, and I started listening to Safe and Sound and Not About Angels way too much while writing, back in the days that I still updated daily (can you imagine?)