10-13-15

It's been a while, huh?

I don't actually remember how I did I these, and I don't particularly care to look back and copy it at this point because I'm lazy and tired and drained but I've been awol and I want to write something, so ta-da motherfuckers.  Um.  Apparently I'm a writer and I wrote stories and I totally forgot? I have fanfictions? I haven't even touched them in like a month or so? W h o o p s

Yeah, sorry about that, but if you yell at me to update I will literally just laugh at you bc it won't be happening anytime soon, not when I'm a stress mess that's more focused on school then literally anything else on the planet (@ friends sorry for neglect, I still love you I promise I just suck lol).

I mostly wanted to make this bc I wanted to talk about school, and how I've been doing, bc I haven't really done that in a while and I've been doing really, really good in school, and don't exactly have anyone irl to share that with (I'm the social equivalent of Castiel+Sheldon Cooper, so I haven't made any real friends in the two months I've been in school now) and I want to ramble bc talking to myself about it has been kind of purposeless.

The thing is, I've always had fantastic grades.  Literally straighter grades than me, I've never had lower than an A- on a report card.  But I went to private school my entire life up until I graduated eighth grade, and I've learned the hard way that private schools are not up to standard - particularly in Math.  This was a hard ing to grasp, especially because math and English have always been my better subjects, and have quickly become my worst (English is still my worst. I love irony) and when I took the placement tests or incoming private school kids for those particular subjects, I (thankfully) got into Honest English, but bombed the math placement test.  I had no idea what I was doing, I flat out wrote "I don't know" on the last ten questions, and inevitably scored a 38% on the assessment (that was generous tbh).  As a result, I got placed in Algebra I, and by extent, Biology, because math and science are linked here (for getting into Honors English, I qualified for he only available AP course for freshmen, AP Human Geography, more on that later).

Come first week of school, and, no offense to the kids in my math class, but it was really obvious that they just were not smart.  Most of them couldn't even add or subtract, they constantly needed help, and most of them didn't even try.  That pissed me off, because here I was, categorized into the same place as them, and I'd always been good at math, usually without even trying.  But, because I'd never learned what most kids my age knew, I didn't qualify for anything else.

My dad ended up asking my teacher if there was anything we could do, bc he knew I wasn't happy there at all, and she suggested that I could transfer to Honors Algebra I, which was never even presented to an option for us before.  I had no idea that was even a thing.  Eventually, a week after school started, I signed a waver basically saying,"I'm not qualified for this class at all, but I'm going to try it anyways.  I have to keep at least a B, or I'll get put back in the other class." (My Biology didn't change but I know nothing about science so I didn't push it).

Right off the bat, when I transferred, I was convinced that I bit off more than I could chew.  I'd only kissed a week, and thankfully my teacher didn't have me make anything up, but I didn't remember/recognize most of what I missed.  On the first quiz, I got a 6/10 (a D) and was convinced that I was going to be put back in the other class as soon as Unit 1 was finished.

Then the first Unit test came around.  I was the first one finished.  That scared me, and I waited to see how long it would take for anyone else to finish.  I waited about five minutes.  Then, I waited for a few more people to turn in their test before finally handing mine in, convinced that I was going to bomb it bc if I got a D on the last quiz, and I finished really fast, there was just no hope (ha!) for me.