Chapter 1: Hide And Seek

This is a story of a planet called Earth. In a distant era, Earth faced a cataclysmic event that led to its ultimate destruction. Amidst the chaos and turmoil, humanity was rendered extinct, leaving behind only remnants of their existence as a fading memory in the annals of history.

In the aftermath of this catastrophe, life on Earth endured. The animals that once shared the planet with humans continued to evolve, slowly adapting to their changing environment. Over the course of countless generations, these creatures transformed, taking on humanoid forms that retained echoes of their primal ancestry.

The evolved animals, now known as anthros, established primitive tribes scattered across the land. Their societies were simple, and their understanding of the world was limited. They revered the legends of the beings that had come before them, those who had traversed the stars, but their knowledge was steeped in myth and mystery.

Then, in an unexpected turn of events, legends became reality once more. A shooting star streaked across the heavens and landed on Earth. Its inhabitants, known as humans, emerged as envoys of a long-lost humanity, bearing gifts of knowledge and technology.

These newcomers, those who had once called Earth home, arrived with knowledge that ignited a spark of progress within the anthro societies. They shared their wisdom willingly, yet they remained secretive about their own origins. The humans never disclosed the secret of how they arrived from the stars, leaving the anthros to wonder and speculate.

Over time, the anthros embraced the teachings of the humans, and their societies evolved. They adopted their languages, science, and the humans became their unit of measure. But as centuries passed, the harmony between the two groups began to fray. As the modern era approached, anthros formed the United Species Federation, and offered humanity a seat at the table with open arms. But the humans wished to stay independent. Differences in ideology and vision gave rise to conflicts, eventually escalating into a devastating war. The humans, who had returned to guide the anthros, sought to control and dominate them, leading to a tragic and cataclysmic confrontation. The anthros didn't want to be controlled, and so they fought back with great ferocity.

The war that ensued brought ruin to both sides, and the once-mighty humans were consumed by the very knowledge they had shared. In the end, only a handful of humans survived, their numbers dwindling to near-extinction as they hid amongst the anthro societies.

As the surviving humans concealed and went into exile, the anthros, who had emerged victorious, ruled over the planet. Despite their newfound unity, tensions simmered beneath the surface, waiting to resurface and shape the destiny of both humans and anthros. And so, in the fading echoes of a bygone era, the stage was set for a new chapter in the history of this world...

Present Day: July 21st, 9123...

On the edge of Earth, the fabric of space itself rippled, tearing open for a fleeting moment, and out hurtled an object, streaking across the sky. In a remote observatory perched atop a towering mountain peak, a rather eccentric and somewhat kooky wolf reclined in an old, creaky chair. His sharp eyes flicked back and forth between the pages of the book he was engrossed in, all the while halfheartedly monitoring a complex sensor array.

He couldn't help but feel that his current gig was a bit absurd. Day after day, he found himself stationed here, waiting for something that would probably never happen. The sensors rarely pinged anything of significance, and yet, the compensation for this peculiar vigil was substantial. As long as those generous paychecks kept rolling in, he wasn't about to complain.

Suddenly, the normally flat and uneventful trace on the measurement display sprang to life with a jarring burst of activity, accompanied by a sharp, piercing tone. The wolf needed a moment to register what was unfolding before him. While this was precisely what he had been hired to look out for, it was an unusual occurrence. "Holy shit! Holy shit!" He sprang out of his chair with wide eyes. "Ah, fuck! Ah!" His voice filled with urgency as he accidentally knocked over a steaming cup of coffee, cursing loudly. "Fuck! Shit!" He stammered out, stumbling in his haste as he fumbled to reach a satellite phone on the desk.