AWD|| EIGHT

Cole
.

This is his perspective for the last two chapters (i.e. 6&7)

I couldn't stop thinking of why Ava walked out like that this morning.
Did I do something wrong?
I hardly said anything. I shrug before sitting down to eat the breakfast she prepared.
"So Ava huh?" I look up to see my mom staring at me with a knowing look in her eyes.
"What about her?"
"What do you mean what about her?"
I shrug before she huffs and takes a seat.
"Well she seems nice, but she seemed pretty upset when she left"
"Yeah I noticed"
"And you don't care?"
I look at my mom for a few seconds before leaving to go take a shower.

It's Monday today and I'm supposed to attend some charity ball, I was going to invite Ava to go with me but I didn't want to be so straightforward so I just told my PA to get me someone suitable, so I'm currently walking into the hall with some model by my side, Ashley Cunningham if I'm not mistaken.
I can't wait to get out of this place.
I see my sister and I walk up to her.
"Hey Cole" she greets
I give her a nod of acknowledgement looking around the hall.
For what? I don't know either.

"You know Ave handed in her resignation letter right?"

"What?!" I asked clearly surprised, now giving Catherine my full attention.

"Why?"

"She said she just got a new job with a client and she wants to focus on it. But I know that far from it" she says giving me a pointed look.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's nothing. Just don't hurt her. She's my friend and I care about her. If you know she's just going to be one of your use and dumps then end it now"

I just scoff and look away.
How would she say something like that?!

I pick up a flute from a waiter standing close by and down it in one go.
It's going to be a long night.

Later that night, I'm seated by the bar in the lounge, thinking about what my sister said.
I pick up my phone and dial Ava's number, it rings before going straight to voicemail. I try 4 more times and decide to give it a rest.

'She's probably with her annoying hot-ass neighbour' my subconscious taunts me.

That's it!!

I pick up my car keys and get into my car making my way towards her house. I keep on calling her but she's not picking up.
What if something bad happened to her?

I arrive at her house and I see that the lights are switched off.
Nevertheless, I walk up to the door and start banging on it. Then I stop to think.

What are you doing Cole? It's just one girl

I keep on banging on the door. One girl my ass.

"Ava" I call out and the door is flung open. I see Ava in a bagging t-shirt and red and black plaid shorts holding a knife.

"What the hell Ava! I left you 15 missed calls. Why weren't you answering?" I ask running my hand through my hair which probably looks like a bird's nest.

"So what if I don't pick up your calls?" she asks folding her arms over her chest.

"What do you mean love?" I'm so confused right now.