Untitled Part 12

"How was it?" asked Hermione, pulling Ginny into a hug when she arrived in the morning, "I heard about the bad weather"

"I was fine - I slept at a boarding house near by" answered Ginny, "I'm desperate for a shower - I haven't changed since yesterday morning"

"How are Ron and Harry?" she asked.

"They're good" said Ginny, "They've gotten over their co-dependency and made other friends"

"Really" said Hermione in genuine surprise, "They nice?"

"Mostly" said Ginny before rolling her eyes, "Though there's this one lad named Farrier that's got it out for me"

"And the others"

"Arlo and Jack" said Ginny, "They're sweet"

"Sweet" laughed Hermione, "Which one did you sleep with?"

Pause.

"Do you really think I'm that much of a slut" laughed Ginny, yet devoid of humour

"Well you did get around... after Harry" said Hermione reluctantly.

"I can't believe you" said Ginny angrily, making her way up the stairs.

"Ginny, please it was a joke" said Hermione, grasping her hand.

"I was hurt and angry after Harry" Ginny spat, "So yeah, not a great joke Granger"

"I know - I'm sorry" said Hermione nervously.

"I'm gonna take that bath" said Ginny, "I've got to get to work after - I guess you'll be gone when I get back"

Hermione gave a weak nod.

"How was Weasley last night?" Farrier asked, sitting down on the other side of the empty table.

"You saw him after I did" Collins confusion was muffled by the porridge in his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full" chastised Farrier, "And I meant his sister"

"Oh - Ginny?" asked Collins, cheeks flushing red as he remembered the feeling of her soft lip on his cheeks, "Fine"

"Fine?" questioned Farrier, raising an eyebrow, "Did you kiss her?"

Collins chocked, "I wouldn't" he said, voice dropping in both hurt and confusion, "Surely you know I wouldn't"

"I dunno" said Farrier, swirling his porridge around, mixing the non-existent toppings around, "She definitely fancied you - and you didn't seem... indifferent either"

"Fancied" scoffed Collins, "I'm 24, not 14"

"My point still stand"

"I didn't kiss her"

"Did she kiss you?"

"I..."

"She did, didn't she?" laughed Farrer, devoid of humour.

"On the cheek" defended Collins, "It meant nothing"

"You didn't stop it did you?" 

"What the hell was I meant to say?" asked Collins, "You can't kiss me on the cheek because me and Farrier like to snog behind bars sometimes"

"So that's all it is to you?" snarled Farrier, "A snog behind a bar"

"I didn't mean it like that" said Collins, guilt overtaking his sadness.

"Of course not" scoffed Farrier, glaring at Collins.

"Everything okay?" came Harry's cautious voice.

"Bloody brilliant" snapped Farrier walking away from the table.

"What - "

"Nothing Potter" snapped Collins.