|| C H A R L E S L E C L E R C ||

I have a couple fluff ideas lined up because I struggle with it so I'm trying to get better so please bare with me! I also feel like I am doing so Charles but they get the most views so!

(Also the adoption process is no where near as simple as this but it's just for the point of the imagine.)

 don't forget to read my new lando norris x oc  fic the first few chapters are out.

Summary: you 'accidentally' buy a dog without telling Charles.

warnings: none

.................................................................................

It had been two months since I had started begging Charles for a fury companion, his answer always being a simple 'no' due to the fact they are not practical. So, the only reasonable solution to this issue would be volunteering at an animal shelter. He had a different opinion to this saying that it would upset me which wasn't exactly untrue. If I could, I would bring every single one of those dogs back with me. The fact that someone would even dream of hurting an animal is a fact I don't like to think about. How heartless can you be?

"I just don't think it's the type of thing for you." Charles stated with a shrug, his back turned to me as he leaned for something in the fridge. I extended my arms slightly, my head turning to the side.

"Come on! I just want your support on this one little thing that I want to do." I reasoned lightly with him, earning a look in response.

"Do what you want." His answer was short as he dropped the conversation.

"I need to go to bed, I have training early in the morning." He passed by me, leaving a kiss on the top of my head as I stood in the middle of the kitchen, a slice of doubt being placed into my mind.

"Can I get a dog then?" I turned round to face him, attempting puppy dog eyes which earned a laugh.

"I will sleep on it if you come to bed with me?" His answer came out as a question even if it was a statement. I smiled in response, doing a little hop before following him into the bedroom.

TIME SKIP

"When I last went there was the sweetest dog ever. She is still up for adoption." My friend Juliette said to me, taking a sip of her coffee as we walked around the streets of Monaco.

"He said he would sleep on it." I glanced towards her as we stopped walking and took a seat on a bench. She turned her body round so she would be facing me.

"Better than a no. Maybe you should just do it." She shrugged looking me straight in the eyes.

"He is currently at a double header." My voice held a hesitation to it but Juliette grabbed my arm, squeezing it lightly.

"I did it, how do you think I got Holly? And now it's completely fine and she prefers Pierre over me." She nodded her head in agreement with herself. "Trust me it will be fine and if it doesn't at least you have a dog to comfort you."

I scoffed with a laugh at the last part, that slice of doubt from last night being forcibly removed and replaced with hope.

"Look." Juliette shoved her phone in my face showing me the dog that was up for adoption. "She is a Italian greyhound and her name is Nala. Bit shy but amazing with kids and people." She moved her phone away slightly so my eyes could adjust. My hand glided across my face, the cuteness was overwhelming.

"It's not like you guys live together yet. You are in the process of living together, you have separate apartments. It will be fine. We should just go look at her." She reasoned with me once again but not leaving any room for arguments as she grabbed my arm pulling me up and over to a taxi.

The drive to the shelter was short and was filled with Juliette talking about how amazing dogs are and what good companions they are. Anything to get me onboard with her idea, even if I already knew all of this.

"You grew up with dogs. Why should I even have to reason with you about this?" She finally exclaimed throwing her hands into the air. The car came to a stop so we got out and made our to the door. Once in, Juliette and the man at the front desk started talking in French, leaving me to aimlessly look around the room, taking in all the different posters talking about animal welfare.

"Come with me." His accent was strong as he opened a door allowing us to walk through.

"Stay in here and we will go get her for you." Juliette nodded in response for me, guiding me to a chair and sitting down.

"This is so cool!" She said, tapping her feet on the ground.

TIME SKIP

The familiar sound of the door screaming as it was opened echoed around the house, breaking me out of the trance this new cooking show had put me in. Normally I would be super exited for Charles to be home but this time anxiety filled it's place.

"Hey." Charles said, engulfing me in a hug and kissing my cheek.

"God I've missed you." He let the hug linger for a little while before breaking it to look at my face.

I quickly kissed him before leaning back into the sofa.

"I've missed you too." I said back, trying with everything in me to conceal my anxiety. Charles looked at me confused before taking a breath.

"I'm going to go put my bags away." Hesitation was clear in his voice as he went to grab his bags, not taking his eyes off me until he had to. I slowly got up from the sofa and went into the kitchen, slowly scooping Nala up once she had finished eating.

"Y/N where is my-" Charles walked into the kitchen stopping himself mid-sentence, taking in the sight before him.

"Surprise!" My voice was barely above a whisper as I looked between the dog and him.

"What did you do?" The quietness of his voice matching mine, his eyes slowly leaving the dog and meeting with mine.

"Say hi." I picked up Nalas paw and waved it slightly at him, watching as he tried not to smile.

"Cute." He slowly nodded his head, his tongue rolling over his cheek slightly. "I take it you volunteered?"

"No actually. Juliette brought me. Look at her though. Her names Nala." My voice was bouncing with excitement as I went to hand her to him. Nala's tail was wagging as she leaned up to lick his face, leaving a disgusted look on his face.

"Of course she did." He took Nala from me looking at her. "She is very cute isn't she." Charles cooed as he pet the dog.

"Very."

.................................................................................

This isn't the best but I don't feel very well so I'm

just posting drafts!