The Easy Answer

It was 7:53 AM, time to board the bus. Prudence stood in line for the Powder Point/Frostfield Region bus looking defeated and hopelessly stuck between two choices, home or Cooper. Willow just smiled and reassured her that going back to Powder Point is the right choice. Then Cooper came running up the mountain in his apron and backpack holding Pickle. ''Prudence, there you are! I was so worried about you but then I remembered you were originally here for the Reader's Retreat and that leaves today. Wait, are you leaving me?'' Willow then came up and looked at me, then him. ''So that's what happened, huh. You love him don't you?'' ''Last call for the bus!'' Yelled Quinn. ''Just admit the truth Prudence!'' shouted Willow while Prudence was ready to protect Cooper if Willow tried to hurt him and Cooper was focused on keeping Pickle safe. Wiping a stress tear from her eyes, Prudence said ''I'm sorry, but I'm needed at Papa's Pancakeria.'' Willow gave Cooper a death glare before turning to Prudence ''You're making a huge mistake, hopefully you will come to your senses soon and I hope you won't live to regret it!'' She stormed off, beet red in the face while Amy, Quinn's apprentice came over. ''So, shall I cross you off the bus attendance list Prudence?'' ''Yes, thank you Amy.'' ''Look between you and me, I don't care what Willow says. Listen to your heart, but don't tune out your head. And double check the lightning rod is properly installed, we're supposed to get a nasty once in a century storm in a day or two.'' ''Thank you again Amy, come on Cooper, the restaurant opens at 8 AM. The two went walking down the mountain and made it in record time. 

Prudence changed out of her nightgown into her uniform. Serving up pancakes for all the patrons of Papa's Pancakeria. One of the customers happened to be Duke Gotcha from Nowtime News, Cooper brought his order of two pecan waffles, 6 strawberries, strawberry syrup and a small orange juice with ice and Shannon's order the two were discussing how the meteorologist of Team Gotcha has predicted that the storm will hit the north eastern quarter of the Flipverse with Oniontown expected to receive at least a foot of flooding. Cooper was anxious to say the least of having to live through a storm considering what happened the last time he was caught in a rainstorm. The two served dozens of customers and when Cooper and Prudence were asleep upstairs in the attic, now with all of Prudence's luggage in the attic across from the beds. Prudence got up from her bed in her pink nightgown with the grey lace trim. Climbed down the ladder to the dining area and pulled out a stepladder to put out the candles on the chandelier. With each candle extinguished she questioned her decision to stay on Maple Mountain with Cooper. Was it the right decision? Leaving my hometown and everything I've ever known for what, for who? Him? Do I really love him?  She grabbed the top candle and stared into its flame, watching it burn and the wax slowly melting away. Her decision seemed so easy when she was thinking in the moment, but in hindsight she should have put more thought and reflection into such a life-altering decision, the ramifications of leaving her old life behind and for Cooper of all people. A man she just met a couple of days prior, why did Papa Louie have to entrust the Pancakeria to her, because Pickle followed the scent of waffles? She blew out the last candle and gingerly placed it back in its spot in the highest candle holder of the chandelier. She looked out the left front window of the Pancakeria to see the wind rustling the branches of the pine trees that cover the entire region apart from some scarce rocks of some of the taller mountains and the paved roads of course. She retreated behind the counter and up the ladder to the attic, back to her bed. Opened up Storm In The Seas to read more about how Robby survived on the island.