Alternate Ending

For the 300 read special, here's a one-shot at an alternate ending answering the question of what would have happened if Prudence had chosen to go with Willow instead of Cooper:

It was 7:53 AM, time to board the bus. Prudence stood in line for the Powder Point/Frostfield Region bus looking defeated and hopelessly stuck between two choices, home or Cooper. Willow just smiled and reassured her that going back to Powder Point is the right choice. Then Cooper came running up the mountain in his apron and backpack holding Pickle. ''Prudence, there you are! I was so worried about you but then I remembered you were originally here for the Reader's Retreat and that leaves today. Wait, are you leaving me?'' Willow then came up and looked at me, then him. ''So that's what happened, huh. You love him don't you?'' ''Last call for the bus!'' Yelled Quinn. ''Just admit the truth Prudence!'' shouted Willow while Prudence was ready to protect Cooper if Willow tried to hurt him and Cooper was focused on keeping Pickle safe. Wiping a stress tear from her eyes, Prudence said ''I'm sorry, I was not meant to run a pancake shop, I'm one of those book club girls.'' Willow piped up ''You know the type, here for a weekend to get one of the locals falling for a total stranger only to break their hearts come Monday morning.'' ''Prudence, is this true?'' ''I'm afraid it's true, I never intended to stay for long. But we could still keep in touch!'' Cooper's eyes were drawn to the ground to hide his tears, as Prudence boarded the bus with Pickle and Willow in arms, Willow in particular sending a satisfied smirk in his direction. Cooper asked a question that was on his mind from day one ''Prudence, before you go, I have to know the truth. Do you really love me?'' Prudence ran into his arms, looked him in the eyes and said I do, at least I think I did? The bus passengers were watching and if you were to ask any of them, you could pinpoint the moment his heart broke in half. On the bus, Prudence was a million different emotions all mixed up but overall confused. ''Are you alright Prudence?'' Willow worried while Pickle jumped on Prudence's lap, attracted by the lingering scent of pancakes. ''Yeah, I'll be okay.''