Papa Louie

Once the storm passed, the two were closer than ever before. They ran the restaurant together, serving up pancakes, caring for the patrons and the pets and even enjoyed a few kisses in the kitchen. Then one day, a shadow of a man in a chef's hat appeared in the door. Prudence took his order, 4 pecan pancakes with cinnamon, powdered sugar, honey and a large tea with cream for the drink. She delivered the tray of pancakes up to one of the dining room tables and saw that the recipient of that order was none other than Papa Louie, he had returned. Prudence was in disbelief that Papa was back, in shock she dropped the tray but managed to save the plate and glass. Still the clattering clangs of the plastic tray hitting the floors rippled throughout the main floor, it woke the pets up but they fell back asleep soon after. Cooper heard the clatter and his whole body started shaking, his face turned pale as he imagined it was thunder. One step outside the back door for fresh air was all that was needed to clear the fears and flashbacks from his mind. Yet like clouds, they didn't completely go away. Cooper came out of the kitchen, on edge and a bit sweaty which made his perfectly smooth and rounded shoulders visible through the sleeves on his shirt, enough admiring his physique Prudence, you have a job! 

''Oh, hello Prudence and Cooper. You already know who I am, I know who you two are as well. I see the restaurant is in good hands, good order.'' ''Indeed Papa Louie, we run a tight ship around here.'' ''I am eternally grateful for you two running the place in my absence, you see I had to leave to go dimension hopping for more X sauce... anyways, I've purchased a nice home for you in the small town on Maple Mountain just a few feet below that Reader's Retreat. Everything is in order, you can move in right away.'' ''That would be nice.'' The two huddled close and walked down to their new home together. The two approached a strong wooden door and when Cooper reached for the golden door handle that shined in the sunlight, Prudence swept him off his feet with a kiss. Holding him close while kissing, she whispered in his ear ''You know Cooper, I've always loved you.'' Cooper just smiled, hugged her and said ''I know, the feeling is more than mutual.'' Then the rain started to pour down on them, but Cooper was not afraid with Prudence by her side. She could be enough and they could be enough to get through any storm, any challenges they're facing, together.