› ࣪ . ๑ 𝗹.𝗴 : 𝗉𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗈𝗆

✩﹐[𝘀𝗶𝘅]﹒𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅﹒⅄
⁑⁑﹒[𝗁𝖾𝗋]﹒𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗼𝗺﹒➷

✩﹐[𝘀𝗶𝘅]﹒𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅﹒⅄⁑⁑﹒[𝗁𝖾𝗋]﹒𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗼𝗺﹒➷

﹢➜﹒𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗞 𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗢𝗠 .

❱❱ .﹢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗗, August 19, 2022
❱❱ .﹢𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗗, 2022
❱❱ .﹢𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗘, K-Pop
❱❱ .﹢𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛, 3:06
❱❱ .﹢𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘, English, Korean
❱❱ .﹢𝗟𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟, YG, Interscope
❱❱ .﹢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗧𝗬𝗣𝗘, Pre-release single
❱❱ .﹢𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥, 1
❱❱ .﹢𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘, Pink Venom
❱❱ .﹢𝗕-𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘, -
❱❱ .﹢𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗘, Positive
❱❱ .﹢𝗧𝗢𝗧𝗔𝗟 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗦, 7
❱❱ .﹢𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧, BLACKPINK

﹑→ .𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 .

﹢ʬ﹗Professional Ratings - Aggregate Scores

Source • Rating

-

﹢ʬ﹗Professional Ratings - Review Scores

Source • Rating

IZM | 2 Stars
NME | 4 Stars

Jon Caramanica of The New York Times said that the song "has the comfort of anarchy." He added, "Every four bars, a new approach enters — familiar K-pop elasticity, loose Middle Eastern themes, gaudy rock, West Coast rap, and more. It exists out where maximalism moves past philosophy to aesthetic." Tanu I. Raj of NME said "Pink Venom" is a "promising preview of their new era." Lauren Puckett-Pope writing for Elle said, "The song is catchy but discombobulated, a disorienting blend of rap, floating vocals, and an anti-drop chorus, featuring a few choice Easter eggs in the lyrics." Pitchfork's Alex Ramos said that the song "impresses with its braggadocio and influences" and praised the use of lyrical references from the 1990s and ’00s. Vulture's Charlie Harding noted that "The song is a maximalist homage to classic hip-hop and pop that intensifies the recent trend of heavy sampling and interpolation. Just as Blackpink settles on a sound, the band flips the script in the second verse with aplaintive G-funk- style moog floating over a '90s hip-hop beat reminiscent of Missy Elliott's "Work It", but all of these Western references are balanced with Korean sounds." Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone noted that "Pink Venom blew up this summer, their splashiest hit yet, switching between English and Korean—they strut their stuff with the bombastic panache of a vintage Eighties glam-metal band, on the level of Poison or Motley Crue, especially when Rosé proclaims 'I'm so rock and roll! roll!.” Conversely, Park Soo-jin of IZM rated the song unfavorably, feeling that "Pink Venom" shows Blackpink "rushing out to create an image, not a song", and expressed that "there is a sense of fatigue from those who want to look higher". Ranking it as number 35 in their list of the top 100 songs of 2022, Rolling Stone called the song an "unbelievably fun raising-hell anthem full of Eighties hair-metal glam."