Chapter 6

Anthony

I PINCH THE BRIDGE OF MY NOSE HARSHLY, the sleepiness inside my head instantly gone with this dull pain I've always felt, flesh and heart. I fiddle with a rusty fork between my fingers, the food in my plate left perfectly intact.

"Hey nerdy," I lift my eyes in reflexion, swaying in awkwardness as Felix lowers himself to sit from across the table and Jenna right by my side.

"A croissant and a mille-feuille? Don't tell me that's your lunch." Jenna gives me a nudge, her freshly cut hair dyed burgundy.

"Andrew's over there." Felix gestures towards Ian, confusion sparkling in his teal blue eyes.

"First of all, his name is Ian," I declare snappily.

"And yes, I am aware of that."

"Why don't you sit with him?" Jenna chimes in.

"Bet you didn't give him a baby, you poor thing." Felix winks at me, a genuine grin spreading wide across his face.

"Hey!" I exclaim, trying to sound offended.

"Just cheer up, Tony." he slaps my shoulder, his brows furrowed in a crafty manner.

"It is, Anthony!" I spit indignantly with a pair of widened eyes.

"Yeah, whatever." he turns to go, a bottle of liquor in his hand.

I roll my eyes in frustration, my cheeks boiling hot.

"What's going on, really?" Jenna cooes into my ear.

"I mean, what a fuss, okay? Why are you people so obsessed with trivias?" I drop the fork on the floor, my mind dominated by this overwhelming wrath that has me barking like an enchanted beast.

Jenna stares at me motionlessly, but I only see compassion in her eyes.

"Dude, you're looking like shit, you wanna make out?"

"What?" I squeeze my eyes shut, my face wrying at her remark as my petrified hand stays where it is inches above the table rigidly.

I'm done. Just fucking leave me alone.

"C'mon, you're the only guy I haven't touched around here."

I frowns a little. "What about Ian?"

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Jenna supports her head with a fist under her chin, the slyness of her tone concealed by a thick layer of disbelief.

"You should just go back to your friends." I comment snappily.

"I'm not worth your attention."

"Padilla!" I can't help but shudder as her piercing eyes penetrate mine and right through my heart.

She leans back, picking up the croissant from my plate. She sighs a little, tearing off the edge and slowly takes a bite.

"Look, maybe they do call you a nerdy. But that doesn't mean that you have to act like one."

"Thanks, but that sounds really Erudite." I hisses with bitterness, a part of me urging myself to pay attention.

"They simply think that a pretty guy like you should be hooking up with girls, showing off his abs. Not doing tattooes."

I raise an eyebrow, tapping incessantly on my cheeks in amusement.

"And, no offence, you kind of look like a loyal dog which spends his whole life smelling Ian's ass." she adds with empathy, drenching me with a whole bucket of chilly but thoughtful words.

Trains of thoughts immediately invade my brain.

I don't feel offended. Not because I am pathetic enough to be used to it, but because it has my mind fully occupied to keep me from deciding whether I actually feel it or not.

"Think about it." Jenna shoves the last bit into her mouth, taking a long drink from my cup of concocted alcohol.

"And oh," she turns to stare at me.

"Kalel's outside."

I fix my gaze on a fidgeting blonde girl outside the cafeteria, thousands of questions popping up from nowhere.

"Thanks." I mutter in a hardly audible whisper, straightening myself to stride towards the entrance of the hall.

Who knows what the hell is going to happen this time.