Two Hours!?

Lucas Pov

        "We're on the freeway?!", a shout comes from Harper as she's regretting letting Charlotte drive. She had a point though, the last place you'd want to be with bladder-conditioned people is the freeway. "I'm sorry! I'm no good with directions so I just hopped on! I wasn't thinking!", she obviously felt super bad, so Harper forgave her and figured it was better than being lost. 

-t i c k t o c k t i c k t o c k t i c k t o c k-

        I hear slight shuffling beside me. I see Mason, who looks uncomfortable, never a good sign. "Are you ok?", I ask him, "Yeah... I'm fine." "You don't look fine; do you have to...". I get cut off, but not with words. His face could probably send a kid into a coma. If he did have to pee though, that'd be a problem. The ride was two hours on the freeway route. And the longest I think I've seen Mason hold it is for 30 minutes. 

        A groan comes from the boy beside me. When I look over Mason looks like the embodiment of pain. I can't tell if he's crying or not but due to his condition, I assume he is. I put a hand on his back as an act of comfort. I really wish I could do more. He rests his elbows in his thighs and buries his face. "Don't you wanna tell someone?", "What's that supposed to do?  Harper just cleaned out the car, there's nothing in here.". He was right, there wasn't jackshit in the car anymore. "How long is the ride?", he asks, I'm afraid to tell him the truth. But if I don't, I'll just get his hopes up. "Two hours...", his eyes widened big, "Will you be ok?". If looks could kill I wouldn't be here right now. "Two hours? You sure...?" "I'm sure.", he looks as if he's about to start crying his eyes out. A small sob comes from him, and I pull him into a hug. I feel so terrible for him. "Hey, it'll be ok, don't cry 'k? I've got you.", he's trembling softly. I can't just not tell at least one person. "I'm gonna see if Charlotte can go any faster.", "Charlotte," "Yeah?" "imma need you to pick up the pace! We have a situation.". Heads turn to look at the boy curled up in my arms. Of course I expected Ethan to make a face, but he didn't do the one I imagined. Instead he showed a little bit of pity. Though he has seen Mason like this before.                               

[Reference to Charlotte's picture in Chap 4: "Don't get Cocky".]

        "Maybe a little? Theres quite a bit of cars..", she's cut off by a painful cry coming from the hurting boy. "Urm- I'll just try to cut in line. Oh wait! Harper don't you have a flag in the trunk to let people know it's urgent?", "Charlotte your a genius! I totally forgot about that thing.". Angel grabs the flag out the trunk and hooks it up out the window. Most people moved and backed up to make way for us while others didn't. We sped through traffic as best as we could, at this rate we'll be home in at least 45 minutes. Though that may be to long, Mason's body language told me he couldn't hold it much longer. The shifting, holding, even pinching me at some point. "Ow?! What the hell man?", "Sorry! Sorry!" "It's fine you're just trying to help yourself, I get it.". He squeezed my hand instead of pinching this time, which hurt much less. "C'mon, you're doing so well.", "H-how long have we be-been here?" "About...what? An hour?...Holy shit dude! An hour!!". I think I underestimated how much pain he's in right now. I stroke his hair in hopes of comfort, he seems calmer now. Less panicky at least, which is good for his body right now. He flinches and his hands shoot to his groin. "Mmm-! Lucas!", "Uhh here here lay on your back!! Try to shift the weight!", he laid back in time and we avoided disaster by an inch. "Lucas, how long has he been holding it? Not long I assume?", "Um, hah, an hour..", audible gasps are heard, of course they were in shock. I would've been to. A loud yelp comes from Mason as we hit something in the road. "Oh my! I'm sorry! Mason are you ok?!", "Not...really, no.", I let a chuckle escape me. "Two minutes! Two minutes till home!", I look out the window and realize we're in the neighborhood now. Minutes turned to seconds and seconds turn to nothing as we pulled in the driveway. Obviously Mason couldn't walk in his situation or he'd collapse immediately. "Ok my turn to talk," Ethan talked out with authority, "when you carry him, his lower half should never face the ground. Legs should be closed and stable. Avoid the stomach and thighs. Slowly, unless you want a extra shower.". All of us cringed at the last direction. 

        All of us get out the car and are cautious attempting to move him. But we all failed somehow, until Ethan pushed all of us aside and scooped him up as if it were easy. It was almost like bridal  style except his head was at Ethans knee and his legs were by the other's shoulders. We stood in shock as he flawlessly got the desperate boy to the porch. "HELLO?! KEYS?!", we get yelled at because we were standing there like trees. Harper sprints up with the keys with us following close behind. She unlocks the door and Ethan walks into the house then to the bathroom.

        After a while Mason came out the bathroom looking as red as Charlotte's new hair colour. He ran upstairs into his room, the assumption went around that he was just embarrassed and we let him be until tomorrow.

A/N: I actually love this chapter, I haven't done much of long holdings so I tried something new!

Word count: 1016 [including A/N]