Realization

Blitzø got off of the couch and put on some comfortable clothes so he wasn't wearing his normal attire in the grocery store. A maroon hoodie and black jeans were all he wore.

When he left the apartment, the sun was shining down on him and everybody else in the area. He could hear children crying and their mothers telling them not to. He could hear people fighting and he could hear gunshots. He could see lost children sobbing on the sidewalk. He struggled to suppress a laugh.

"I love this town sometimes," he said, chuckling. He walked down the street to the store. He grabbed a cart and collected everything he needed for the next two months.

---

"I'm fifty cents short, jackass! That's not that much money to take out of your stupid little apron pockets and help someone out," he scolded the cashier. The small imp behind the counter shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I really can't-" he flinched when he was interrupted.

"Fucking hell with what you can and cannot do! It's fifty fucking cents! My fridge is completely empty and my employees and I work every goddamn day to feed our families and all of us get paid fucking bupkis because of how little money the fucking company makes!" he yelled. "And the only way for me to keep working is to fuck a horny owl every full moon!" As he said this, parents covered their children's ears.

Blitzø was being stared at with pure judgement from most, and understanding from the rest. Except for the last part of what he said. Everybody judged him for that.

"You know what, man? Just take the groceries. It's whatever," the cashier said, defeated. Blitzø wasn't just trying to get him to let him take them. He was surprised, and actually angry. He had been more moody lately. Being fifty cents short must have struck a nerve in him.

He realized how rude he was being, but figured he might as well go because the cashier already said to go. He took his cart full of things and left the store. He hadn't brought any type of vehicle, so he brought the cart back to his apartment and put everything away.

When he was done, he sat down and went on his phone. He opened his texts with Stolas. "Hi." he typed, then deleted it. "How are you?" he deleted that as well.

He didn't want to go visit him.

He didn't want something to happen.

He didn't want to see Stolas all wrapped up again.

He knew he was supposed to pick him up in a couple days.

He knew he'd still be bandaged by then.

Stolas was hurt.

He didn't bother to even try and get him.

To protect him.

To save him.

---

"Blitzø! Blitzø, are you okay?" Blitzø looked up to see Loona. He nodded. "You were just sitting there completely still," she explained even though he hadn't asked.

"Oh," he said plainly. He looked back at his phone. Stolas said something.

"Hello, Blitzy! Did you need something? I saw you were typing."

"No."

"Alright. Have a good day, then."

"Yah."

---

Stolas stared at his phone. He noticed something. He started rereading he and Blitzø's messages from the beginning. He started with a smile that slowly faded.

He always texted first except for the night Striker captured him. He always was typing paragraphs while Blitzø was barely ever using more than three words. It was the same way with Stella, she typed huge paragraphs while he barely bothered to say anything. But her paragraphs were angry. His were nice. Kind, and if he was being honest, they sounded kind of desperate. But he was desperate. He was desperate because he knew he didn't deserve to be so neglected. He craved love.

Stella didn't give two shits about him. Blitzø clearly didn't either. Octavia barely ever said a single word to him.

He let a few tears drip down his face and soak into his feathers.

There was a knock at his window. He turned to look. "Blitzø," he said. The imp outside of the window waved and smiled a small smile. Stolas gathered the strength to smile back, then Blitzø opened the window and climbed through it.

"Hi," he said in a solemn tone. Stolas nodded.

"Hello Blitzø. Did you decide you needed something after all?" he asked. The imp slowly shook his head. "Oh. Well then, why'd you come here?" the owl asked, genuinely curious.

The shorter creature remained silent and pulled a chair from the corner of the room to the side of the bed. He sat down. Stolas stared with weary eyes.

Blitzø felt conflicted. He avoided looking at the taller demon on the bed in front of him.

After a few minutes of silence, the imp stood up unexpectedly. "I shouldn't have come here if I didn't have anything to say," he said as he started to climb back through the window. He closed the window before he jumped down and was on his way to I.M.P. despite his break Moxxie had insisted he took.

"What's up bitches?!" he yelled as he kicked the door open with a malicious smile. Everyone immediately looked at him.

"Sir, I thought you were taking a break," Moxxie said with a confused look on his face. Blitzø's smile disappeared and he looked at his white haired employee.

"Fuck breaks, Moxxie. Honestly, how pathetic do you think I am?" he asked, pointing at the target of his question. The smaller imp leaned back slightly, feeling a bit threatened by Blitzø's hand gesture.

Blitzø noticed Moxxie's nervous body language and lowered his hand. He clapped his hands twice to change to change the mood and smiled. "So, any new clients? I will gladly participate. Anything to get my mind off of anything other than killing bitches," he said happily. Everyone in the room continued to stare at him, now with a bit of concern.

"Blitzø, you okay? It seems like you're actually happy, that doesn't seem normal," Millie said with a slightly concerned smile. Blitzø looked at her, his smile stayed the same.

"Yup, completely fine! Now, c'mon! Someone answer my question," he said. No one said anything. They just stared. Blitzø's smile faded. "Unless you don't want your jobs, someone answer the fucking question," he threatened.

"Yes, sir. There's actually a client with a surprisingly easy target," Moxxie said after a few seconds.

"Great! Let's go," Blitzø said, grabbing the grimoire off of the table. He opened the portal and everyone scrambled to walk through it.