xChapter 47 - Mail-In Requests (1)

In the halls of the newly renovated Starlight High, the bell rings as several people start to exit, getting ready to enjoy the rest of their day, or in some cases be stuck doing mountains of homework. However, for five individuals, they were all heading to a classroom, because with the new semester means that their club is back in business.

In said classroom, Aken Amnestor is sitting at his desk sipping coffee while X is sitting at his desk working on several pieces of winter homework he was supposed to do over the break.

"So, can I go if I finish two pages?" X asks.

"You have to finish at least five assignments, Locke, we talked about this," Amnestor groans.

"Boo you're no fun," X responds as he continues working on his homework.

As the two sit there they hear the door to the classroom opens as someone enters. The person says "I guess some things never change huh."

Amnestor looks over and asks, "Oh you're the first one here, how was your break?"

"It was...alright, though I must say," the first person to arrive, Ronnie Everst, begins to say, "I didn't expect to be the one to show up first."

Ronnie's wearing a blue Starlight High varsity jacket with white sleeves and a cursive "'97" on it, a white t-shirt underneath the jacket, black pants, and red basketball shoes.

"Nice jacket you got there," Amnestor replies, "I haven't seen those since-"

"1997?" Ronnie asks.

"Uh yeah," Amnestor replies.

"This was my dad's when he went here," Ronnie explains.

"I think it suits you," X says, "can you please explain how you found it and a bunch of other stuff so I don't have to focus on homework?"

"I found it in my family's storage unit, boom story over, now get back to work," Ronnie coldly responds.

"Aww you're not fun either," X responds as he continues to work on his homework.

The next person to enter is none other than the up-and-coming freshman athlete, Alex Smith. He has on his blue pearl earrings like he always does but he's wearing a white cap, a dark green & red patterned hoodie, black pants, and white air jordans.

"Oh hey Alex, I didn't know they make hoodies out of rugs," Ronnie smirks.

"Sup Ronnie," Alex says as he takes off his cap, "I didn't know you've been at this school since the 90s. Say if you ever want a rematch then let me know, I've gotten a bit stronger."

"Dude, why would I fight you? Besides I'm still testing out some new things," Ronnie adds.

"You two fought before?" Amnestor questions as he raises an eyebrow.

"NOPE!" Alex & Ronnie lie in order to not get in trouble.

"Well hey, looks like you two got here early," A voice says as they enter the room.

Ronnie & Alex look to see both Elizabeth Moore & Cameron Dots entering the classroom. Elizabeth is wearing a white t-shirt underneath an unzipped green hoodie jacket, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes. Cameron is wearing glasses, a red flannel jacket over a white graphic t-shirt, and blue jeans.

"H-hey," Cameron replies.

"Hey Elizabeth, Hey Cam, what have you guys been up to over the break?" Ronnie asks.

"Oh nothing much," Cameron begins to say, "my family just went to the Bahamas for the weekend."

"WHAT?!" Alex, Elizabeth, & Ronnie yell shocked.