Day 1: Rise and Shine

In the far-off reaches of space, over 1000 lightyears from Earth, a small ranch exists in a place called the Dry Reef on a planet called 'The Far, Far Range.' With plots of land ready to be used and slimes all around it ready to be collected, an oasis of tranquility amidst the vastness of space.

This Ranch had no name, just a distant home for distant hearts.

It is also where your story begins. A young man with an appearance as untamed as the wilderness around you. With hair so disheveled, it resembled the aftermath of a storm, you sported a Vacpack gripped firmly in your hands. Worn-out overalls clung to your body, showcasing the countless hours of hard work and adventure etched into their fabric. A pair of sturdy boots, well-traveled and weathered, and atop your head sat a tattered hat, its brim providing shelter from the scorching rays of the relentless sun that blazed down upon the frontier.

And you were tired. As you gazed across the vast expanse of the Dry Reef, the shimmering heat waves danced in front of your tired eyes. The slimes, peculiar and colorful creatures, hopped and wiggled around the ranch, their curious expressions mirroring your own exhaustion. You sighed, wiping sweat from your brow with the back of your hand.

Y/N: First day, let's do this.

You mumbled to yourself, your voice barely audible over the hum of distant machinery and the occasional slime chatter. Suddenly, a holographic projection flickered to life from your Vacpack. It was a message from Beatrix, your mentor and the previous owner of the ranch, who had gone on to explore other distant regions of the universe.

Beatrix: Hey there, kiddo! How are things coming along on the ranch? I hope you're settling in well. I know it can be overwhelming at first, but trust me, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Her warm voice echoed in your ears, bringing a sense of comfort amidst the unfamiliar surroundings.

Y/N: I sure hope so.

Beatrix: I know you will but remember, the key to success out here is to observe and adapt. The slimes might seem strange at first, but they'll become your closest companions soon enough. They have their own needs and behaviors, so make sure to learn about them and provide for them accordingly. Oh, and keep an eye out for Plorts, the valuable resource they produce. It'll be your primary source of income on the ranch.

That's good to know at least you won't be broke out here. Wait, did she say they produce plorts like...poop?

Beatrix: And don't forget to explore! The Far, Far Range is full of wonders waiting to be discovered. Keep an eye out for new slimes, rare resources, and hidden areas. Who knows what you might stumble upon?

Her words ignited a spark of excitement within you, reigniting the dwindling flame of determination. You took a deep breath, feeling a renewed sense of purpose.

Y/N: Thanks, Beatrix. I'll make sure to take good care of the ranch. I won't let you down.

Beatrix: I know you won't kiddo. Oh, and before I go, make sure you check out the Slime Science tab on your Vacpack. It'll open up a world of gadgets and gizmos that will make your ranching life much easier.