Day 12: Come Rain or Slime

The morning sun cast a warm glow over your bustling ranch, the air filled with the sweet scent of fruit and the distant murmur of slimes happily cooing. As you stepped out of your cozy ranch house, the sight of the familiar landscape brought a smile to your face. The pink and phosphor slimes were bouncing around, the tabby slimes were playfully chasing their tails, and the rock slimes were basking in the sun.

Y/N: Seems like everyone's already having a nice morning, huh? That's good cause we got a lot to do today.

You started your day by checking the feeding stations, ensuring all the slimes had their favorite foods. The hen hens clucked around, seemingly unaware of their impending fate. You chuckled at their obliviousness and continued your rounds. The air was crisp, and the atmosphere on the ranch was serene. After feeding your slimes, you made your way to the plort collectors, collecting the valuable resources your slimes produced. The distinct sound of plorts being collected echoed through the air.

Y/N: Good haul today, my little plort factories. Keep it up!

Asthe day progressed, you busied yourself with various chores like harvesting crops, and expanding your ranch's infrastructure. The sky was clear, with only a few fluffy clouds lazily drifting by. The slimes were content, and so were you. However, as the clock ticked away, the atmosphere shifted. Dark clouds gathered on the horizon, and the wind began to pick up. A low rumble of thunder echoed in the distance, signaling an incoming storm. Concern crossed your face as you glanced at the sky.

Y/N: Oh crap, looks like we got some trouble coming, guys!

You yelled at the slimes almost as if they could understand you. Quickly, you started gathering the more delicate slimes into their corrals, making sure they were secure before the storm hit. The wind howled, and raindrops began to fall as you rushed around the ranch. The slimes squirmed and protested, not entirely thrilled about the sudden confinement. The sky darkened, and lightning streaked across the clouds, illuminating the ranch with an eerie glow. One particular pink slime caught your eye. It trembled near the edge of its corral, eyes wide with fear. As the thunder roared, the little slime let out a frightened squeak.

Y/N: Hey there, little buddy.

You spoke calmly and soothingly, crouchingdown beside the corral.

Y/N: It's ok I got you. We're gonna get through this together.

You carefully scooped up the scared pink slime, cradling it in your hands. The rain fell harder now, creating a rhythmic drumming on the roof of the corral.

Y/N: Don't worry, you're safe with me. It's my job to protect you, after all. Let's get inside until the storm passes, alright?"

With the pink slime nestled against your chest, you dashed to the ranch house. The wind whipped around you, and the rain plastered your clothes to your skin. But you pressed on, determined to keep the little slime safe. Once inside, you settled in a cozy corner, the pink slime still in your hands. Thunder rolled outside, and the little slime quivered. You stroked its soft, gelatinous exterior and spoke in a comforting tone.

Y/N: I know you're scared right now, but I want you to know something...When the big things feel scary and out of control, focus on what you love inside your heart.

Asyou spoke, the pink slime seemed to relax, its fear gradually giving way to trust.

Y/N: This storm will pass. I promise.

The storm raged outside, but inside the ranch house, a warm, comforting atmosphere enveloped you and the little pink slime. You watched as the rain tapped against the windows, the lightning painting brief flashes of the ranch in stark relief. The scared pink slime nestled closer to you, finding solace in your reassuring presence.

Y/N: See, buddy? We're safe in here. Storms might be loud and scary, but they can't hurt us as long as we don't let them.

You glanced around the room, taking in the various trinkets and souvenirs from your adventures across the Far, Far Range. The rhythmic pitter-patter of raindrops became soothing background noise, and you continued to stroke the pink slime's soft surface.

Y/N: Sometimes, you just need a cozy spot and a friend to make things feel better.

The pink slime responded with a gentle purring sound, a sign that it was starting to feel more secure. The storm outside gradually began to lose its intensity, the thunder moving farther away. You smiled, feeling a sense of accomplishment and connection with your slimes. The storm may have disrupted the day, but it also brought an opportunity for bonding.

Y/N: Looks like the worst is over, little one. How about we check on your friends?

You carefully carried the pink slime back to its corral, where the other slimes were settling down after the chaos. The storm had passed, leaving behind a cleansed and refreshed ranch. You surveyed the surroundings, grateful that everything was in order.

Y/N: All good now, guys. Storm's gone, and you can go back to your usual slime shenanigans.

The slimes responded with their playful bounces and content coos, seemingly unfazed by the recent disturbance. You stood there, watching them for a moment, appreciating the resilience of these little creatures. As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the ranch once again, you couldn't help but feel a deep connection to your slimes and the simple joys of ranch life.

Y/N: Another day on the ranch, huh? Never a dull moment with you all around.

With a contented sigh, you closed the door to the corral, ready to rest and recharge for whatever adventures awaited you on the Far, Far Range.