His Beautiful Eyes

Eren was chilling outside of the Survey Corps Headquarters, it was a warm day, he had brown hair, two different eye colors, one is an ocean like color and one is like a honey yellow. He was just relaxing a bit when he heard a voice, "Thinking about something?". Eren looked to see it was Hange. Eren smiled and said, "Just a little bit". Hange sat by him and said, "What's up?". Eren said, "Eh it's not a big deal". Hange said, "Well I can listen". Eren said, "Ah... I was just thinking about how nice it was today... It reminds me of that day...". Hange said, "That day?". "When Wall Maria fell, I still found hope that it was just go away... But after I saw my mom get eaten in front of me... It kind of felt cold and dark... It's been awhile since I was able to look at the actual weather now...", Eren said. Hange said, "I see... Does it still feel cold and dark?". "There are days that I do...", Eren said. Hange said, "I see... Well I gotta go Eren". "Okay Hange- San", Eren said. Hange walked out. Eren smiled and thought, 'I miss you mom... And thank you for being there... Even when I was stubborn'.

Eren stayed there until dark, when he was called inside for dinner. Eren walked in and noticed something in his pocket. Jean said, "What is that?". Eren looked at it and realized then said, "It's my mother's gift when I was 10..". It was a necklace that was a locket with a picture of him and her when he was young. Eren smiled then frowned a bit as he looked down and said, "I- I gotta go". Eren rushed out. Mikasa said, "Eren...". Armin said, "He is still thinking about it... Isn't he...".

Eren was outside and landed on his knees and cried loudly, "AHHHH!!!" Eren was sobbing and clutched onto the necklace to his chest. Eren laid his head on the ground and said, "Mama... I'm sorry that day... I couldn't save you... Why was I so stubborn". Eren was crying hard.

Inside, everyone heard his scream as Mikasa said, "Eren...". Armin said, "Mikasa... Just let him be for a moment... It's the anniversary of her death today... Just let him". Everyone was silent. Levi said, "I will be back...". Levi walked out.

Eren was sitting on the ground, playing with the necklace, tears still down his face. Levi said, "Rough day?". Eren was silent. Levi said, "Eren...". Eren looked at him. Levi stood by him and sat down by him and said, "Cadet Arlert said it was the anniversary of your mom's death...". Eren said, "I couldn't save her... I tried to save her... She died because of my stubbornness Captain... I-". Eren sighed and it sounded like a broken sob. Levi said, "What reminded you today?". "It always reminded me... Her scream... Her death... That damn Titan... The blood... I heard the snap from her back...", Eren said. Eren said, "This is what I got from her... And it's all I have...". Eren put on the necklace and said, "It was a photo that my dad took...". The photo had him and Carla and they had blue flowers in their hair and they were happy. Eren said, "... How could I forget her death... She cried for help... She did... I know she did... She wanted me to leave, but... I was stubborn... I wanted to save her... That's all". Levi said, "stand up... You don't want to get too dirty". Eren did so and said, "I apologize Captain about today... I'm just having a hard time today is all... I promise I will be better tomorrow...". Levi said, "Eren...". Levi held Eren's chin and said, "You don't need to apologize... I understand what you are feeling... I lost my mother as well... And it was hard for me as well...". Eren was silent. Levi hugged Eren and said, "Just know this... I love you". Eren hugged back and said, "I love you to Levi". Levi broke the hug and wipes off Eren tears, "Don't cry... Those tears will ruin your beautiful eyes...". Eren nodded.

They walked back inside as they entered the mess hall again, Levi said, "You should eat... You look like you haven't eaten today". "I didn't... I skipped breakfast and lunch today...", Eren said. Levi looked at him and sighed, "Eren, you no better than to skip meals... Especially if you are a soldier...". Mikasa said, "I made you a plate since Sasha ate yours". "Hey!! He was gone too long", Sasha said. Eren said, "Thanks Mikasa". Eren sat down and started to eat. Armin said, "You okay?". "Yeah... Just been really hating today...", Eren said.