Heirs of the Dragon

Open to black.

Older Rhaenyra: (Narrating) As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing.

CUT TO: INT. HARRENHAL

The shot pans up from the floor to two maesters carrying a large chest through a crowded room towards the king.

RHAENYRA: (Narrating) In those days, House Targaryen stood at the height of its strength with 10 adult dragons under its yoke. No power in the world could stand against it.

"Dragons" The people from the hunger games exclaimed in shock, adoration, wariness, fear and curiosity.

"Yes we do have dragons" Rhaenyra flaunts.

"Of course so does Sloan- I'm sorry Alaerya, she rides the largest of them all Balerion the black dread" Daemon tells them in adoration for his neice and the girl that looks like her.

"It's like your alter ego in both time periods sister, you have a Dragon in this lifetime and now you have a black dragon broach" Diana told her cuddling with gloss where Cashmere fake vomits.

Cut to a wide shot of the room.

RHAENYRA: (Narrating) King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity. But tragedy had claimed both his sons, leaving his succession in doubt. So, in the year 101, the Old King called a Great Council to choose an heir.

The maesters bring the chest to Jaehaerys.

RHAENYRA: (Narrating) Over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal. Fourteen succession claims were heard but only two were truly considered: Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant, and her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the King's eldest male descendant.

The shot cuts to each Targaryen as the narration mentions them. The chest is opened. Jaehaerys pulls out a scroll and reads it.
JAEHAERYS: It is declared by all lords paramount and lords vassal of the Seven Kingdoms that Prince Viserys Targaryen be made Prince of Dragonstone

"That's complete crap, she can't be Queen because she's a woman, who wrote these laws?" Johanna exclaimed angrily as Magnus tries to sooth her.

"Maybe it's for the best, you never know what people might do when they are forced into things they are not used to" Snow said in a fake innocent voice.

"That's exactly what you did to us" Cashmere and Sloane said gesturing themselves (respectively) and the other victors.

Viserys and his wife Aemma look relieved, while Rhaenys remains mostly expressionless.

"I'm sorry that some men are sexist dicks" Sloane said to Rhaenys with a sad smile which she returned. Sloane was so much like Alaerya and she didn't even know it.

Rhaenrya: (Narrating) Rhaenys, a woman, would not inherit the Iron Throne. The lords instead chose Viserys… my father.

Viserys and Rhaenys exchange glances.

RHAENYRA: (Narrating) Jaehaerys called the Great Council to prevent a war being fought over his succession. For he knew the cold truth. The only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon... was itself.

Fade to black. A golden Targaryen sigil appears and then disappears, followed by text that reads, “IT IS NOW THE NINTH YEAR OF KING VISERYS I TARGARYEN’S REIGN. 172 YEARS BEFORE THE DEATH OF THE MAD KING, AERYS, AND THE BIRTH OF HIS DAUGHTER, PRINCESS DAENERYS BLACKFYRE, THE DIRECT DESCENDANT OF ALAERYA BLACKFYRE AND TYLAND LANNISTER.”Some of the text fades to leave, “ 172 YEARS BEFORE DAENERYS BLACKFYRE, THE LAST TRUE FEMALE DRAGON.” before that, too, fades.

"Wait, so that means that Alaerya is the queen then" Annie asks.

"No unfortunately not, but her daughter did, she married her first husband and had three children by him before his death; Prince Aegor, Prince Ivar and Princess Alyssa and with her second husband she had the Lords and Ladies/ Princes and Princesses; Rickon, Brandon, Alaerya, Rhaenys, Daemon, Lyanna, Edric, Jon, Aemon, Jocelyn and Gillian." The woman told them.

"Why, what happened?" Viserys asked angry that his bastard daughter had taken the throne away from Baelon and Rhaenyra.

"As much as the realm hated a woman on the throne they hated a woman who flaunts her strong bastards as though they were trueborns." The woman told them eyeing Rhaenyra specifically which everyone took notice of.