Forgotten (part 2)

As I saw my home come up the street, I braced myself for what awaited me at home. My girlfriend would be rightfully upset. It's currently 2am and I'm black out drunk in a taxi. Any amount of anger she expressed towards me would simply come from worry.

I thanked the taxi driver and stood still for a moment, bracing myself. However, when I looked up, I didn't see my house in front of me. I gave her Ariana's address. Well maybe it will be better than my girlfriend yelling at me.
Maybe I should call her before I just invade her space. I took out my phone and dialed her number. To my surprise she answered almost immediately "Hello, Ariana speaking, how may I help?" She said in a friendly voice. It was what I needed to hear right now. "I'm outside." I told her. The alchohol was thick on my voice as I spoke. I knew i was in for it now. She remained silent for a moment before answering "I'm coming now. Wait at the gate."

I always forget how popular and successful Ariana is until I see her house. It always took her long to come towards the gate. Tonight it felt like hours ticked by before she arrived. She hurriedly let me in, holding my hand as she did."Can you walk by yourself?" Ariana asked me. Her dark brown eyes gazed at me with something I haven't seen before; concern. Ariana was always a good friend to me but she's never looked this worried about me. Then again I've never shown up drunk at her doorstep before. I shook my head and she led me inside.

Inside her house, I could barely take in the surroundings, I felt too disoriented from the alcohol. She led me to the second bedroom and carefully laid me down under the covers. Suddenly, I felt a strong sense of desire. Seeing her hovering over me, it did something to me. I didn't want to kiss her. Rather,I wanted her to do it, to take charge over me.

A noise snapped me out of my thoughts. She was lecturing me on drinking myself to a coma like this. I missed most of the speech but it ended with "I know you're probably too drunk to even understand what I'm saying. Only thing I hope is that this habit won't hurt you." She rested her hand on my cheek and I felt something stir up inside me. Something came over me and I leaned slightly up. We stared into each others eyes as our faces came closer to each other. It was almost like something was pulling me closer to her. Just as we were about to kiss, I remembered what my mother said. Instantly I pulled away from her and muttered a goodnight.

She stayed silent and left the room. I felt awful for what I did. By all means I wanted to kiss her but that would mean my mother winning and me cheating. Why am I so stupid?