guide me and give me purpose

"Sometimes, a chance for another chapter in life doesn't quite look like one. Others fail to grasp it and they stay stuck in the tragedy of their current chapter.

Some manages to see it for what it is in time and they start moving on to see the good things the world can still offer. They don't quite start anew because no matter how painful and sad it had been, it was still part of their story.

Then there's a few who just gives up. They see the chance but they don't see the point to it, they know they failed to grasp onto it but they don't quite care about it."

"So they just stay like that? That seems sad."

"Not quite. See, some stays like that because they have no one they could rely on, no one to spur them forward. But then there are others who find it in themselves to move on to the next chapter of their lives simply because they are surrounded by good people who can help them along."

——————

When Gray next came to, a moderately modern bedroom greeted him.

It was easily four times the size of his own bedroom in his cheap apartment and the opulence was evident in every part of the room.

The wide windows of it caught his attention next and he was distantly glad for their sheer curtains, otherwise, the glaring sun above would've been harsh on his eyes.

There was a sound of paper turning and he looked towards his left where it came from to see the stranger he met at the park sitting on a chair reading a book next to the bed he was laying on.

He didn't bother asking why he was here, for one, his throat was aching to even attempt to speak and two, he remembered breaking down in this stranger's arms so he must've taken Gray to his place out of momentary pity.

He was about to sit up on the bed but the new addition on the back of his hand froze him in place.

As soon as his eyes landed on it, the whole room bled out from his vision and the thing on his hand was the only thing he could see. It seemed to grow and expand until it towered over him and began depriving him of his space.

All parts of his body became numb aside from his hand where the sensation of a needle stuck on his flesh. The figurative sense his mind conjured up of liquid travelling through his veins was too vivid and he started gasping.

He could already feel the fear starting to creep up on him, the heart-stopping blow on his chest, the stomach-lurching sensation, and the invisible force that gripped his lungs were all converging suffocatingly in him but before they could painfully overwhelm him, the stranger was immediately upon him. The stranger's body crowded his thin one while his pale face was too close to his and his red, red eyes easily overtook his vision.

Slowly but steadily, the tendrils of fear retreated from him as his sole attention was focused on the real physical weight he could feel instead of the unseen and unforgiving hand that stole his inability to breathe.

The puffs of breath he could feel from the stranger as he talked indecipherable words to him were warm, a clear sign of life and they became the medicine that soothed the gurgling pit of unease in his stomach.

The red eyes that turned purplish-red in this bright room weren't as blood-red (Stephen'sbloodStephen'sbloodStephen'sblood) as they had been in the shaded area of the park and they calmed his heart into properly functioning instead of the erratic beats it had been in.