I want you to stay, tell me you'll stay (but I can't, I'm already somewhere)

Stars can brighten up your world, but gravity grounds you to earth.

——————

"This is a delicate matter, so leave Gray Yeon to me."

Admittedly, that surprised Kingsley.

After all, aside from Jake Ji alone, the rest of the members that made up the Union were recruited and inducted either through him, through a meeting, or through their Union executives.

Donald himself only got involved to instil fear, obedience, and soon after, loyalty into the members.

Though considering Gray Yeon's more than impressive records, he shouldn't be that surprised actually.

It was shocking and although there was no proof that the young man they picked up had been the one to do it, he had a hunch that Gray Yeon truly was the one responsible behind those ruined lives.

It was a remarkably meticulous, organized string of sabotage and no one even suspected foul play involved, much less suspect Gray Yeon.

It helped that when Oscar Yang fell from grace, not once had Gray Yeon attempted to work on absolving the blacklisted status that the former city representative had put in place.

The shameful downfall of Oscar Yang coupled with the hefty inheritance Gray Yeom received from his deceased parents should've been enough to completely remove the blacklist.

However, Gray Yeon took advantage of that obstacle and turned it into a tool that helped smoothly accomplish his plans. Add in how he willingly lived in the slums of Gangnam and established himself as someone desperate for money by taking up quite a few part-time jobs despite him actually rolling in riches, it made the perfect shroud to hide behind.

After all, no one paid attention to the 'bottom feeders' of society.

It just really made a jarring dichotomy between the revenge-driven mastermind of such callous yet deserved actions and the broken young man desperately clinging to the nearest person alive.

"Shall I call for Ms Chae?" He asked quietly while handing Donald another document to look over.

To be completely honest, the scene in front of him was what surprised him more.

Even when he slipped back into sleep, Gray Yeon's hold on his boss was unrelenting. Donald had tried removing himself from it but to no avail, so his boss simply sat against the headboard with their new babysitter draped comfortably over his lap with Gray Yeon's bony arms stubbornly clinging onto his boss' neck while peacefully sleeping.

Donald was never this indulgently soft to anyone. Not even to the children that suddenly become a part of the Union.

Well, out of all the executives, Jake Ji was obviously Donald's favourite because of how relaxed and obedient the man was. However, his boss wouldn't go so far as to allow Jake Ji this proximity to his person.

At best, his boss would just offer a single sympathetic pat on the back and that was that.

Not... this, sat back relaxedly even with a stranger so close to him and invading his space, his tattooed arm wound around Gray Yeon as his boss read away.

That was the sight that greeted him when he just got back from gathering Donald's papers after he put away the IV stand and he was ashamed to admit that he almost tripped over nothing.

Thankfully, he only paused momentarily before Donald could even notice his slight blunder and he continued on as if someone clinging to his boss was a normal occurrence.