stars in your hearts (I'll keep them safe)

When a star is in your grasp, you'll want to keep such a precious thing safe too, won't you?

——————

When the doors to his office opened and Kingsley stepped in, Donald was worried.

He'd been worried since earlier actually, but if he wanted to have his remaining days until Monday free, he had to personally make phone calls for it to happen and he couldn't postpone it to check up on Gray.

Besides, he trusted Kingsley so he had sat through his unease while he distracted himself with making calls.

But now that his secretary finally arrived, he hurriedly asked, "Is Gray alright?"

"There was a slight hiccup but it has been resolved."

Alarmed, he paused in his task to look inquiringly at Kingsley and he didn't even need to verbalize it before his friend explained, "I happened upon him curled up inside the bathtub and submerged in cold water."

He stilled, fingers twitching with the need to personally check up on Gray, but knowing he couldn't do so made him grimace.

Then the phone in his hand was abruptly taken and he blinked when he found Kingsley holding it. "It's not my place to divulge what brought on Gray Yeon's distress, so go. I can take care of things on your behalf."

Grasping Kingsley's shoulder in thanks, he made his way out of his office and into his room where Gray was.

.

Once he got there, he made sure to knock first even though it was his own room. Gray was currently using it, so his new babysitter owned the room, not Donald.

Gray didn't answer and with worry still in his mind, he forwent manners and simply let himself in.

He immediately saw Gray lying on the bed, curled up with the covers up to his chin but he froze when saw how red and swollen Gray's eyes were.

Quickly making his way to the bed, he sat close to Gray to cradle one cheek. "Gray?"

His action seemed to make Gray uncomfortable because he just curled up even tighter causing the blanket to rise past his mouth.

Frowning, he ignored the slight hurt Gray's action brought him and just slowly retracted his hand to ask, "Is it me?"

Gray shook his head only to stop midway. So Donald was part of the issue. "Can you tell me?"

He almost thought he would be ignored but then he heard Gray's words soon after even though they were muffled. "...You want me to stay."

"I do." He easily concurred, slightly puzzled where this was going.

"...You want me next to you."

"Of course." He agreed again, thinking Gray just wanted a confirmation of what they talked about yesterday.

"...Even when I'll hurt you?"

Frowning again, he placed his hand on where Gray's waist was and asked, "Why would you think you will?"

"...You should know. Stephen will always be my priority even though he—he's..."

Gray couldn't finish the sentence but he understood even when something ached inside him at the words, so he asked instead. "Are you worried about me?"

His new babysitter took a while to respond before he shook his head, but the fact that Gray spared some time to think it through told him enough.

So bringing his head down to gently rest it against Gray's temple, he told him, "You're worried enough to cry about possibly hurting me, I couldn't ask for more. I just want you to stay and if that means getting hurt by you, so be it."