Chapter 12

Leif's POV

We sit on the couch for about half an hour, before Quinton jumps off of the couch.

Then I watch as he shifts back to his human form, and I can't stop looking at him in amazement.

I keep my eyes wide, and I try not to blink, so I won't have to miss any second of it.

"Does it hurt?" I ask him curiously, when he's putting his clothes back on.

"Not much, but it did hurt a lot when I shifted the first few times." He tells me, and I nod in acknowledgement.

When he's fully dressed, he sits next got me, and then we look at each other in silence for a long moment.

"There's one more thing that I have to tell you." He says, so I nod expectantly.

"Yeah?" I ask, when he doesn't say anything.

"Do you know what soul mates are?" He asks me.

"People that are made for each other?" I ask him, and he nods in agreement.

"Are we soul mates? I ask him, and I nods with a smile.

I quickly hug him, and he hugs me back tightly.

We stay like this for a long time, until I pull away from him, and I give him a kiss.

"Do you have a pack or something?" I ask him, trying to remember anything about werewolves, or even just wolves.

"Yes. I can take you there today, and you can meet my parents if you want." He tells me.

"It's a lot of information at once, can we just stay here today, and enjoy the peace that my house offers?" I ask him hopefully.

"Sure." He responds with a shrug.

"But we can go to your pack tomorrow, and I will happily let you introduce me to your parents." I tell him.

He makes me move closer to him, and he cuddles me, but I have to pull away for a few seconds to turn the TV on.

We watch a movie for a while, but then Quinton takes a deep breath, and he sits up quickly, looking slightly panicked.

So, I panic too, and I look at him with wide eyes, hoping that he will just tell me what's wrong.

"I forgot to tell you something." He tells me, and I sigh in relieve, before I punch him.

"I thought that something was happening to you." I say.

"Well, you're not that wrong." He tells me and I frown, hoping that he won't tell me that he has a cancer and he's dying, or something like that.

Whatever he's about to say must be very important, because he looks scared to tell me, although I'm sure that nothing can be more shocking than learning that werewolves are real.

"You're scaring me." I tell him. "Tell me what's wrong." I demand, and he takes a deep breath to calm himself, before he looks back at me.

"I'm pregnant." He tells me, and I laugh loudly.

I laugh for a while, but then I realise that he's serious, so I straighten myself, and I look at him with a frown.

"Pregnant?" I ask, and I wait for him to start laughing, but he never does.