Chapter 41

Leif's POV

I walk through the woods, this time in a better mood, but not because I managed to convince Denver to change the rules.

I didn't manage to do that, but one of my kids just called me papa, and I'm very happy that it was his first word, so I'm celebrating it with him.

I asked Quinton to come here too, but he said the he's busy, so Emery and I are here alone.

I really didn't expect that he will already say something, because he's still a small baby, but it seems that my baby's special.

I throw him up in the air, before I catch him again, he seems to like it, so I do it a few more times, happy that my kid's enjoying my company.

I also kind of stopped arguing with Quinton, I decided that it doesn't do anything good, and that is will most likely never convince Denver to change anything.

But there's only one person that can take the Alpha position after Denver, and that's his eldest son, who seems a bit more open minded, so I decided that I should concentrate in changing his mind.

After all, when Hank will go to high school, Tyson will be the Alpha, not Denver, so I have no idea why I was so set on convincing Denver.

I walk towards the only clearing that I know how to reach, and then I sit on the ground.

I put Emery in on my lap, and I smile at him happily.

There are a few other people in the clearing, but I don't really mind them, because they keep to themselves.

The only think that I don't like is the fact that there are two teenagers who are fighting in their wolf forms, so it's a bit dangerous here.

But I try to remind myself that they know that I'm the mate of the former Alpha's son, and they most likely won't try to attack me or anything.

But I forgot that accidents can happen.

The next think that I know, one of their friends shifts, and he scares the other two guys.

One of them falls to the ground, but the other gets a lot more scared, and he starts to run away.

He looks very frightened, and I don't think that he realises that it was his friend that scared him, so he's most likely trying to run for his life.

And unfortunately, I'm on his way, and I'm not quick enough to move.

When the realises that I'm on his way, he tries to stop, but he doesn't have enough time to do, and he ends up falling on me.

It wouldn't have been that bad, if not the fact that he has a huge wolf, which definitely wasn't meant to fall on a human.

He quickly gets up, and his friends run towards us, to see if we're alright.

I can feel that my hand is broken, but I try to ignore it for now, and I quickly look at Emery to see if he's alright.