Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Cal

In retrospect, I really should have tried to get an earlier flight. In what world did I think I would be able to keep my hands off of her?

"Everyone is staring," Viv mutters.

"So what?" I grin down at her as I push her hair out of her face. I take a moment to study her in that little red dress. Is she kidding me?

"Maybe we can discreetly leave for a few?" I offer hopefully.

Viv clears her throat and raises a brow at me.

God, I missed her.

"You are the reason we were separated," she reminds me, "You are the reason we went a month without seeing each other. And you were the one who decided to make a grand entrance into this party with a hundred people. So, no, we can't sneak away."

I deflate and groan.

"Why must you torture me, Vivi?"

She shrugs playfully, but I notice she leans into me again. When she does, I bend down and kiss her, making sure I savor the taste of her.

I let out a sigh of relief, because that's what I feel.

Utter and total relief.

When we part, Viv is smiling softly up at me – that playful, angry look completely gone.

I chuckle as I memorize the scent of her lilies.

"See. You can't be mad at me," I pout.

Viv's eyes narrow, but I notice she's still smiling. "I can certainly be mad at you."

"Oh, come on baby. Don't I get a reunion blow job, at least?" I mutter.

"If anything, you owe me," she hisses.

I can't fight the smile that erupts across my face.

I love this woman.

"Come on. There are lots of people who want to see you," Viv says, matter-of-factly, as she takes my hand, twines her fingers with mine, and leads me back to the crowd.

I sigh in defeat and pray my erection isn't too noticeable.

I do love Vivian Chang bossing me around.

"There he is!" Tristan grins at me as we approach the group. I pull him into a hug. It's been too damn long. I miss my people.

Later that night, after dinner and more mingling, I manage to sneak away to get Viv and I refreshed drinks and run into Ronan. He nudges me and we step off to the side. I won't lie, it feels good as hell to see my best friend.

Ronan's been like a brother to me since we were teenagers. It's weird living life without constantly being at his side.

"Can't believe how much has changed in the last few years," Ronan says as we lean against the wall, watching the party surrounding us.

"The most shocking of which is that anyone thought it was a good idea to put me in charge of anything," I joke.

Ronan gives me a look. "You've always been good at underestimating yourself, Callahan."