Don't Play With Anyone Else (Hyunjin) Part 3

I was still sleepy in the back seat of their car. Lee Know was driving with the confidence of someone who knew exactly where he was going. Everything was under his control now. Felix beside him looked relaxed and happy. This unexpected duo looked like they worked well, maybe it was the fact that Han and Hyunjin tried to hide me from them that drew those two together. A common enemy of sorts.

It felt like we were driving for an unnecessarily long time.

"Hey, that's not the way to my house, Minho."

He smiled to himself, apparently his tries to get some emotions out of me, such as fear and anger, did work. He was satisfied with himself.

"We'll take a detour, I mean didn't you say you wanted to hang out with us next time?"

I shot him a death glare as he looked at me through the rearview mirror.

I played along but took out my phone and texted Hyunjin, it was almost the time when we were supposed to meet.

"Hey, I'm afraid I cannot see you tonight."

"Why?" he texted right away.

"Lee Know's acting weird."

"You're with Lee Know now?"

"Yeah he and Felix offered me a ride home, but we are not going to my house."

He called me right after he read the text.

"I don't think that's a smart idea."

"Gosh. Just share your live location with me and I'll be on my way."

He sent another text after I shared my location.

"Hey, don't worry, they are just... stupid, I'm coming for you."

He gets very possessive, all of us do really.

Han was right, and I'm afraid I wasn't as wise as he hoped.

Meanwhile, the car began to slow down and I saw that we arrived at the park near the Han River.

"Nice place," I said despite the nervousness in my gut.

"It is," said Lee Know while bringing the vehicle to a halt.

I began moving my body toward the door, Felix opened it before I got a chance to.

Okay, they wanted to play, let's play. After all, the favourite toys are the most painful to lose.

"Let's have a picnic and then we can chat," said Lee Know.

We went to the closest convenience store and grabbed Onigiri. Lee Know grabbed a blanket from the car and we situated on the grass with a beautiful view of the park and the lake.

The sky was full of clouds and the air felt humid as if it was about to rain soon. I was waiting for that rain. It could cool down the tension that was rising in me again and could clear my thoughts on what was the best thing to do here.

"So you were saying you hang out in our house a lot?" asked Lee Know.

"Sometimes, with Han."

"Only with Han?" asked Lee Know.

"Yeah, who else?"

"What about Hyunjin?" Lee Know continued.

"What about him?"

I could play clueless for a long time, enough time for him to arrive at least.

"Well," spoke Felix, "I saw him leaving the basement where you were and then I saw him texting you later."

Was it possible to hide anything in the Stray Kids' household?

"So?" I continued.

"So we just wanted to know what's going on, especially if anyone is jeopardizing the rules of the contract that we all so diligently follow," said Lee Know with a hint of sarcasm on his face.

"Don't get us wrong we all like to break rules from time to time..." said Felix and leaned closer to me. And closer. And closer.

Was he about to kiss me?