Don't Play With Anyone Else (Hyunjin) Part 4

I didn't find that out.

He stopped when he noticed something behind me. I turned around and saw Hyunjin striding towards us.

His black hair was flowing as the wind pushed it back and his gaze was deadly.

Felix leaned back from me and exchanged a look with Lee Know.

Hyunjin finally reached us, his tall figure rising above us and covering the sun.

"Fancy seeing you here," said Hyunjin when he reached us.

His tone was reserved as if he was holding back on something.

"Same here, mate," said Felix.

"Enough with the pleasantries, it's time for Y/n and I to go," said Hyunjin with an edge in his voice now.

He held out his hand for me and I took it. He helped me to get up.

Lee Know and Felix followed suit.

"Leaving so soon? I'm afraid we are not done yet," said Lee Know putting his hands in his pockets.

"Do not test me, Minho," said Hyunjin.

Lee Know smiled as if he was impressed and entertained. He was about to reply when he noticed something behind us and his demeanor changed. We both turned our heads and saw Bangchan fast approaching, and Changbin behind him trying to keep up.

In a minute he already reached us.

"Seriously guys? And behind my back too? Lee Know you knew I'd be busy recording with Changbin! " said Bangchang.

"We just wanted to talk to her, I thought it'd be better if we did it without you guys."

"Lee Know. Don't ever go behind my back like this again. We are a team, and I, more than anyone, have our best interests in mind."

"I think it's time for us to go," said Hyunjin calmly, more to me than anyone else.

Chan quickly nodded to him.

Hyunjin gently led me away with his arm around my shoulders.

After a few steps, when I couldn't clearly hear the rest of the Stray Kids members, Hyunjin put his hands in his pockets. We walked in unison and silence.

"So now what?" I asked.

"Now we can walk around the park and then... I want you to come over again."

"What about them?"

"Screws them."

"Hey."

"They pissed me off, thinking they can control the situation which was my business," he turned to me, "I told Chan I care about you and I'm not gonna give up on whatever is going on between this easily, so he'll just have to deal with it."

I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Yes, I care about you," he said affirmatively, a smile showing up at the last word he spoke, "and I'm not letting you go."

I smiled despite myself both impressed by his boldness and flustered by his feelings. I genuinely couldn't believe it.

"I also won't give up on you."

Even when I still had a flock of doubts brewing inside.

We walked around the park, finding more secluded and hidden spots to explore. The sound of waves calmly caressing the shore promised everything was going to be okay and the warm fresh air wrapped around our skin like a hug.

I couldn't stop being amazed by the nature around us, but maybe it was being with him that made everything feel ten times better.

Han said that Hyunjin was possessive and wouldn't let me go, but with him, I felt like I was able to breathe freely, express myself fully. I could run around and live my life and come back knowing someone was going to be there for me, supporting me.

In other words, Hyunjin felt right.

We returned to their house. It was quieter than usual which reminded me about the members we left behind at the park. I looked up at him with worry in my eyes, he just drew me closer to him by the neck, smiling with an ease and sincerity that was inherent only to him.

When we walked down the stairs to the basement, I saw that the space was cleaned up, the couch was moved closer to the wall instead of being in the middle of the room and the lights were hanging across the walls. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hyunjin, I..."

"You deserve more," he interrupted, "so... this is just the beginning."

Then he suddenly picked me up and carried me to the couch. He fell on the couch with me on his lap. Our faces were so close now to each other. Our eyes met and I saw so much intensity in those deep dark eyes. They were studying me, taking me in every detail before he leaned closer and began where we left off.

This time he wasn't hungry, he was slow, savouring every kiss he placed on my neck.

"This seems to be your favourite spot," I said as my hand travelled along his neck and the black silky hair.

He chuckled mid-kiss and I could feel it on my neck.

"One of many," he planted another kiss, "but just you wait till I get to the rest of them," he said without breaking the contact with my neck.

The effect of those words lit us both up. My body was clinging to his chest, and he drew me closer by the waist. His long strong fingers were on my waist, just where they belonged and yet so foreign and new. I could get addicted to that. Maybe I already was.

                                                                               The End