Feather and Friend

Serenity POV

In Professor Flitwick's class. Filtwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see his class.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, or the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you have your feathers?"

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practising. Hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone."

"The swish and flick."

"Good. Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go, then."

"Wingardium Levio-saaa." I spoke and my arose

"Wow." Harry said I smiled Hermonie did wells too

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone, Miss Granger and Miss Dumbledore done it! Oh, splendid!"

"Wingard Leviosa. Wingar-"

"Well done, dear." An almighty explosion flashes. Flitwick gasps, as Ron and Hermione turn to the source of the explosion

"Whooaaa! Ooh." We see that Seamus is charred again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Walking with Hermione after class I overheard Ron

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar. She's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" That boiled my blood Hermione rushes past Ron, hugging her books and sniffling in tears. I head slap Ron hard over his head

"Ow."

"You nitwit." I said strenly and go after Hermonie comforting her

"It's all right mione don't let that prat get to you you are exceptional unlike him." She giggled quitely getting out i cleared her tears away

"Thank you renity."

that was until we see a troll backing away in fear we ran back to the bathroom closing the door screaming

"Hermione, serenity, move!" Scattering away

"Help! Help!" Harry lands on the troll's shoulders and is hurled around back and forth. Harry's wand shoots up the troll's nose. The troll groans in disgust.

"Ew!" Me, Ron and Hermione were disgusted by Harry's wand in the troll's nose. The troll snorts, and whips around.

"Whoa, whoa-whoa!" The troll gets Harry off its shoulders and is holding him by one leg, upside down.

"Do something!" It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down.

"What?"

"Anything!" the troll swipes at Harry again

"Hurry up!" Ron grabs his wand. Under the sink, I and Hermione waves our hands

"Swish and flick!" We said Ron correctly punctuating the words

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The troll's club is lifted out of one of his hands and hovers above its head. The troll looks at his hand and opens it, then looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down.

"Cool." It hits the troll's head that hard and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, who crawls away, and slowly comes crashing down, knocked out. Hermione and I approaches carefully.

"Is it dead?"

"I don't think so. Just knocked out." He grabs his wand which is covered in mucus.

"Ugh! Troll bogies." Harry wipes his wand on his robes. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasp at the knocked out troll.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! Explain yourselves, both of you!"

"Well, what it is..."

"It's our fault, Professor McGonagall." The teachers, Ron and Harry look at us. Hermione and I were gonna protect them.

"Miss Granger? Miss Rivers?"

"We went looking for the troll. We'd read about them and thought we could handle it."

"But we were wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found us, we'd probably be dead." I finished

"Be that as it may, it was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would've expected more rational behavior on both your part and am very disappointed in both of you, Miss Granger and Miss Rivers. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment."

"Yes ma'am." I said a tad upset

"As for you two gentlemen, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points will be awarded to each of you ...for sheer dumb luck." Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom

"Perhaps you ought to go. It m-might wake up. Heh." I, Harry, Ron and Hermione exit the bathroom. Harry, Ron, I and Hermione are walking back to the Gryffindor Common Room through the corridor.

"Good for both of you to get us out of trouble like that."

"Mind you, I mean, we did save their life."

"Mind you, they didn't need saving if you hadn't insulted her."

"Exactly." I spoke with agreement Hermione looks at Ron.

"What are friends for?" They both smile at each other as we carry on through the corridor.