Chapter 1 - Roman

Present

As I sit at the restaurant table, awaiting her arrival, I glance at my watch to check the time. She's more than 10 minutes late, wasting precious moments that could have been spent with her.

My attention shifts towards the entrance as the door opens, and our eyes meet. The woman I've been anticipating has arrived. I've planned this date meticulously, waiting for the perfect time.

As she approaches the table, I take in her appearance. She has a slender figure with flowing blond hair cascading down her back. She's wearing a  purple dress, the same color she wore on that unforgettable night.

With confidence, she sits down across from me. Before I can even greet her, she starts speaking. "Hello there," she says with an excited smile. "It's wonderful to finally meet you in person."

We've spent weeks conversing online, my effort to getting closer to her. For the past two months, I've been on a mission to find her, and now the moment has arrived. I was determined to have her, even if it meant meeting with this woman she referred to as a friend.

The woman sitting across from me is supposedly a "friend" of Talia's. Personally, I wouldn't consider someone who badmouths another person to a stranger a true friend. After a week of conversation, it became clear that this woman harbored jealousy towards Talia. I couldn't entirely blame her, as Talia was truly someone to be envied.

Smiling calmly, I gently take her hand and plant a kiss on it. "Yes," I reply, "it's lovely to see you too." Laurel's presence fills me with an overwhelming urge to leave and distance myself, but I am unable to do so. I am determined to stay until I obtain what I need from her.

Since the incident, I have relied on my memory to recall every detail about my angel. That includes remembering her companion that day, Laurel. The woman across from me doesn't remember my face and how I wish I could make her. Thinking about her and that day makes me contemplate taking her outside of this restaurant and dealing with her. I will never forget her words and how my angel chose to ignore her.

As the conversation unfolds, I pretend to be genuinely interested in what she has to say. Finally, she mentions something that catches my attention. After a few minutes of her continuous talking, she begins to bring up my angel.

"So when I dropped out of university," she begins, "that bitch blocked me!"

"And why was that?" I ask, genuinely interests in her answer.

"Well I mean I did kind of report her to a professor of ours," she replies nonchalantly. "It's not not fault she neglected to ask him for something she should've never tried getting ."

I can't help but imagine jumping over the table and strangling her.

"So you know longer talk or see her?" I question, hoping she would provide me with something about Talias whereabouts. It wasn't difficult finding Laurel, she was known and very active on social media. Considering the connections I have, it was almost too easy. Talia on the other hand, was a different story. Talia rarely goes out in public, making her elusive.

"I actually saw her a week ago," she replies, " I was just visiting a friend at the same place university we used to attend and I spotted her in the halls."

A part of why it was so hard to find my angel, was because she was never out. I checked clubs and restaurants, fairs and big events. But she was never seen. The only possible reason for this I could think of is a university she attended.

Through my text with laurel, I found that they both attended the same university. Knowing that they attended the same university gives me a starting point. Talia is 20 years old, while I am 8 years older. With numerous colleges and women with her name in New York, I need to narrow down the search, and Laurel holds the key.

The only reason I know Talia's name is because Laurel mentioned it that night. I may have even returned to the theater she went to that same night. I might have gone as far as threatening the ticket seller to provide me with more information. Finally, the moment arrived when I could ask the question I've been anticipating.

"So, which university did you go to?" I ask, trying to steer the conversation away from Talia and trying not to sound too desperate for the answer.

"Lexington university," she responds promptly, my mind finally clear and hopeful.

With all the necessary details gathered and a desire to conclude the date, I make an effort to bring the conversation to a swift close.

"They definitely missed out on having someone as beautiful as you at their school." She blushes, and I ask for the check, ready to wrap up the date.

After today, I don't plan on keeping in touch with her. Well that's not entirely true, I may deal with her another day for that night. However, if she continues to pursue me, I might have to deal with it sooner than later. She is young and it's common for younger girls to develop attachments easily, especially to older men.

Laurel is a pretty girl but she is no Talia. While she has her blonde hair and pale skin, my angel has luscious, flowing brunette hair that frames her face perfectly. Her eyes, a captivating shade of brown, sparkle with warmth and intelligence. Her smooth, olive-toned skin complements her features, giving her an alluring and radiant glow. I only saw her that once but I was able to capture her graceful presence and the warm smile she gave me that night.

She is a true beauty to behold and every part of me wants her. It's not just her physical beauty, but her as a person. She is the reason I breathe, my angel. When I looked into her eyes, I knew she was the one I wanted. Not only wanted, but needed. The smile she gave me before I was about to most like likely arrive at hells doorstep, was the reason I kept fighting.  My life has been full of darkness, and she became my light.

"I know you don't know me, sir," is what she said that night. And it was true, but now I am determined to know her, whether she likes it or not.