Volley Feelings - chapter 2

I was the first to wake up out of all of us, Jessika, my Aunt and I, so I figured my aunt had a night just as tireing. When she hoped in the car with us on the way to the train station there was a quick exchanging of words that had a secret meaning, "I want to go to some museums," Is what my aunt said, but we all knew she wanted to see some bars. The meaning: I am only babysitting you to get money. So, I am going to skip out on the concert; win win. I really didn't mind it. At all. Jessika woke up once I grabbed the key for the buffet. I knew she was pretending to sleep, and the first sign of food would have her jump up.

We made a bee line straight to the bacon platter. It was the best foo dI every had at a hotel. I tried to imagine what it was like to stay at the top room. Jessika's phone exploded half way through breafast once Jeremy realized that she was up. His main goal: getting Jessika to visit his hotel for swimming. We bothe saw through hi plan, but she thought it was cute, so we headed back to grab our suits and a bag to put them in. 

My aunt murmered something, half asleep, so I just said, "Breakfast is good. Don't lock yourself out of the room,' and threw the key on the small end table. Jeremy's hotel was just a hop and a skip away, literally. Jesssika and I were so estatic that we hopped and skipped the entire way. I felt my jaw skim the ground when we made it to the large victorian building. There were pillars and statues, and gorgeous marble fixtures everywhere. Our step speed lessened into a half because of our want to just stand still an gawk at the architecture. 

A woman pranced by, shoes echoing through the building, wearing stilletos, holdiing a coach bag, and trying to stop her tight dress from rising up. I suddenly felt undressed in my red loose tank top, blue jeans, and white converse (I thought it would be funny: red white and blue, but now my outfit was funny for other reasons: I look like a fool). I was about to suggest to find Jeremy ASAP, but he already made it down the elevator to us. He was probably looking out his window; painfully waiting for Jessika. I found otu that a building's size also affects the furniture's size, it makes sense, but more so in a hotel. Our bulding is minisquel, every furnishing shoved itno a corner. Jeremy was staying in a ginomous bulding, so the architech made especially large peices of furnishing just to take up space. In return, our hotel had a sad excuse for a pool, this hotel . . . not so much.

A water slide, volleyball net, basketball hoop, and two hot tubs made what was called the "Aquatic Activities Center". Another way of saying really big pool space, area, awesome, coolnesssss. . . .  My brain wasn't working right when I truel understood what big pool meant. Jessika and I changed in the bathroom across the ahllway, and we jumped into the side witht eh volleyball net. Our game started as a calm joke, but then there were a lot of dives to get area covered, and teasing insults. Everything soon got serious in a funny way. 

Jesssika and I met when we were playing volleyball in gym class. We were the only good poeple at it, and although we were bothe complete strangers, soon realized that we were the two people in the room that desperately wanted to start a second game with less people. We began playing together every day, and was oon challenged by the guys of other classes when our gym teacher was using us as examples. Becasue the guys have to be the best, they were all humiliated to be defeated my two girls. THat was when we stopped playing against each other, but as a team. Jeremy was one of the boys that challenged us, Jessika specifically. 

I was lost in my thoughts when I was spiked in the head by Jeremy. It was funny because he actually sucked at volleyball, only focusing on power and not technique or aim. Least to say, it hurt, and was emabarrasing. I laughed and pretended to threaten him, "Why you all up in my face?" I jokingly yelled when he caught on, and began shoving me a little. "Huh? Huh?" I yelled, faking a serve. When I finally did serve something pulled on my ankle making my body and the ball fly in two seperate directions, bothe off corse and with too much force. I landed int eh water eyes open and flailing my arms around. While I was pretending to be angry at Jermemy Jessika sneeked over to my side (of course she decided to play on Jermey's team). I laughed hard, but Jessika had a shocked look on her face. I quieted when I realized why. My head was hot with embarrasment, and I could feel my cheeks turn red. Thankfully I already had sun burn from the hot summer sun, so nno blushing was shone. . . I think.