Game Day

Sam's POV

"Fuck", Tyler said and looked at his watch, "We need to go or we'll be damn late." He stood up and walked into one of the other rooms, few seconds later he came back with a packed bag which I considered his hockey gear to be in.

"You ready ?", he wanted to know. "Yep", I replied shortly.

Tyler drove a bit faster than usual but I still felt safe. "We need to think of a good revenge, your boy Seabs tries to fool us as much as he can." "Yeah he has grown pretty fast into that whole big brother thing....but you better set your focus on the game today.", I laughed. It became quiet. He turned his head around and looked straight into my eyes "You think we can win ?", he asked nearly unsure about his skills. "I don't think you can win....I know you'll win.", I answered with all honesty. He looked back on the street, not saying a word, but having a little tiny smirk on his lips. "Tell me what you're thinking about.", I giggled. "Nothing...", he said in a calmed tone, "Just happy that I've met you."

I felt my heart skip a beat.

After we arrived at the Stadium Tyler had to go straight to the lockerrom of Team Toews. "I'ma see ya later at the bench ?", he asked. "Sure...I'm the gear girl today, forgot ?", I smiled. "How could I ? See ya Sam.", he waved and ran upstairs. I couldn't even reply anything.

Maybe it was just me, but somehow I had expected a kiss or atleast a hug from him...I don't know. I mean he was in a hurry and he wasn't my boyfriend, no matter how much I wanted him to be. I guess it was all okay, but I couldn't help but having the feeling that something was wrong and he was hiding something from me....he had given me some strange look I couldn't put in order.

However, I went up to some professional looking guy and told him that I was the intern, which I had to do everytime because things were pretty busy backstage at the All Star Weekend. I also told the guy that I was setted to be Team Toews equipment assistant at todays game, just like Tazer told me. He adviced me to a lady which was organizing stuff in the arena. After some problems of finding her and telling her who I was, she told me to bring all the stuff the team would maybe need to the bench and so did I.

I was quickly done with my work and walked along the hallway, sitting down somewhere on the floor, thinking about today being my last day with the NHL. I got pretty sad cuz I didn't want this to end like a dream. I didn't want to lose contact with all the guys like this whole thing never happened. It was selfish, naive and dumb, but I didn't felt like the intern. I felt like I had made new friends.

And Tyler....I didn't want to end it before it really started.

But damn I was just a girl...I was really just the intern. I wanted to slap myself for just thinking for one second that my existence had changed anything here or that it would really matter if I would go. The wheel would just keep on turning and the boys would easily forget that we ever met.

I got ripped out of my thoughts, when I heard someone clearing his throat. I looked up. It was Kane.

"What's up Patrick ?", I asked. "Today's your last day here huh ?", he asked not really caring about answering my question. "Yeah", I replied shortly. "You sad about it ?" "Breaks my heart. You guys are great.", I forced myself to smile.

"Atleast you can go back to school then huh ?", he mocked me. "School sucks. I still got weeks left of holiday anyway...so I'm just gonna bore myself."

"KANEERR !!!! That's Seg's girl !!!", I heard Burnzie shouting from behind. I felt my cheeks turning red, but Patrick just smirked "Alright I'm coming."

Kaner left and I walked back to the bench, it were only a few minutes left til the game would start....

(Hey guys :) so this chap is a bit shorter than usual but I hope you still enjoy the stuff I wrote...also a little sneek peek for the next chapter...there'll definitly be more of Burnzie in the future...he'll play an important role in taking things to the next level in terms of Sam's and Tyler's relationship.)