At the Fantasy Draft

It was the first day of my internship at the NHL All Star Weekend...I knew it were just three days but hey...we're talking NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE !!!

It was Friday and the day of the Fantasy Draft, I was nervous like hell. My job was to hand the players drinks, snacks and to look if everything else was alright.

I was just putting snacks on all the tables when the first players were entering the room. Stay calm Sam I told myself. The first guy entering the room was Tyler Seguin of the Dallas Stars...everyone's crush.

He sat down on a table at the other end of the room....exacly the tables I hadn't put snacks on yet...couldn't he just sit down on one of the others ?

I went into the kitchen. Elsa the lady who had to look after me today handed me nearly 10 new stacked plates with snacks...."Go go", she said in a hurry...she wasn't the nicest lady...but well maybe it was just the stress.

I balanced the plates who were reaching even higher than my head...plus my hair was hanging into my face so I could just barely see anything.

Goddamn how embarassing I thought. Well atleast nobody knew me here. I hoped that there weren't that many hockey players watching my clumsiness though.

"Can I help you ?", I heard a voice near me. "Eeeeh yes please", I admitted. The guy took a few of the plates and arranged them on the tables....so did I with the rest of them. I turned around to bump into the guy, I looked up...it was Tyler Seguin. He put the strand of my hair which was hanging into my eyes behind my ear.

"Eeehm thanks", I said. "For what ? Saving you from crashing to the floor or dropping the food ?", he asked smiling. "Mhmm both", I smiled back. "What's your name ?", he asked me. "I'm Sam, nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you too. I'm Tyler", as if I didn't know that already. He kept looking down at me smiling. "So what are you doing here ?" "I qualified for an internship at the All Star Weekend", I said smiling. I couldn't believe what was just happening.

"So I guess we will see each other then again I guess ?" "I hope so" "Well then...tell me if you need help again.", he said with an heartmelting smile. "I will"

Nearly all players were there now. It was a funny atmosphere and everyone was having fun. I had talked to a lot of the guys and they all had been very kind.

I went around with my little notepad, when I heard one of the players calling me. I turned around and looked into the faces of my two favourite hockey players: Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook of the Chicago Blackhawks...my favourite team. They were the best defenseman pairing of the nhl in my opinion.

I walked over to them. "What can I bring you guys ?" "Ehhm a coffee for me", said Duncan. "And a coke for me", said Brent. "Okay", I said smiling.

I went into the kitchen and made the coffee. There was a knock on the door "Yes", I said. "Hey...ehhm sorry do you have bubblegumm here or something like that ? I'm going crazy out there", it was Patrick Kane. Maybe there were commercials at the moment, so he could come backstage...I mean he was assistant coach of Team Foligno...he had to be out there on the stage. "Ehhhm wait a sec...here's nothing but I got some in my bag." I went out of the kitchen and he followed me into the big corridor into another room were I was told to leave my jacket and bag. I fished around until I finally got the gum. "Here", I handed it to him. "Thanks", he said putting it in his mouth, "Oh shit I have to go now...the show must go on !", he shouted. This guy was so weird...not as weird as Ovechkin...that was a whole different level...but really weird in a funny way. I went smiling back into the kitchen and stopped shocked. The coffee was spilled and it was dripping down to the floor. "Ahhhh Fuck !", I said, when the door opened.

It was Tyler. He saw me scrubbing the floor "I knew you would need my help again", he giggled, "Cmon I'll do that...bring the guys their drinks." I worried for a short moment about his tuxedo...but then I grabbed the drinks and went out. I mean were the hell was Elsa ??? Wasn't she supposed to help me to get my job done ? On the opposite I just talked to Tyler Seguin for the second time...not that bad either.

I went to Seabs and Duncs table...but Duncan wasn't there anymore. "He just got picked", Brent said. "I'm sorry...Kaner asked for a bubblegum and then the coffee was spilled and Seguin had to help me..wait why am I telling you that ? I'm sorry...here's your coke." "Oooh you're totally nervous right ?" "Yeah kinda" "You know what ? I'll take Duncs coffee...you should go and ask for a break...you can have my coke if you want...it's boring alone here anyway.", he smiled. I looked around and he was right...except for like 8 players everyone was picked and the room was looking emptier and emptier."I'll be back in a sec", I told him. I had the feeling that was my catchphrase for this evening.

Back in the kitchen I found a coffee sipping Tyler Seguin. "You got it ?" "Yes...Seabs just told me that I could have his coke." "He's married !", Tyler said in a played surprising tone. "I know you fool", I poked him. "Well I'm not", he said with a crooked smile. I stood there with an open mouth and began laughing. "Hey I'm serious about this", he laughed.

We heard Jonathan Toews voice from the stage "We pick Tyler Seguin". "Awwwh I gotta go now honey. See ya later", he said kissing me on the cheek. What the hell was wrong with this guy ? He went out of the kitchen and left me blushing.

I got thirsty and the coke came back into my mind. I took a plate of sandwiches I had made a while ago and went to Brent.

"Hey", I said while I sat down on the chair next to him, "I brought you some food" "Oh my god thanks but you didn't had to do that." "Well yes it's my job for today" "You're a waitress ?" "No I qualified for an internship at the All Star Weekend" "And then you have to serve us ?", he said irritated. "Looks like that huh ? The woman who had to look after me is like away since hours" "You're doing this alone ?" "yep" "Shit" "Absolutely" Then Brent got picked "I will see if I can do something about it ! A smart and kind girl like you deserves other jobs", he said and left.

(Hey it's the first chapter ;) I can't wait to go on with writing...I hope you guys will enjoy this story :))