Chapter Fifteen - Relief but Only for a Moment

Your P.O.V.

—-------------

I stand up from the couch and Tom looks up at me.

"Where are you going?" Tom looks like an abandoned puppy.

"I'm gonna make you and Bill lunch. Hopefully, it'll help cheer you both up." I head into the kitchen and look through their fridge and cabinets. They have everything I need for a simple chicken stirfry. I get out everything I need and start cooking. As I'm cooking Bill comes over and watches me.

"Wow, you're really good at that. I see why Tom likes you so much he could eat just about anything." Bill laughs at his own joke and I laugh with him.

"I definitely kept him fed, that's for sure." I look over at him sitting on the couch and smile.

"I'm glad you took care of him when he showed up, I'd rather he be cared for than dead. I'm surprised he even let you do anything for him, he can be really stubborn."

"Oh, he was, he got pissy with me the first day cause I wouldn't let him bring a girl into my house but his attitude changed when my ex broke into my house. I think he got softer after he saw how scared I was." I cut my finger while chopping up some veggies and I pull it back quickly. Bill notices and stands up but then he stops in his tracks and smirks.

"Tom your girlfriend cut herself while making food!" Bill turns to me with a smug look on his face. I hear Tom run into the kitchen and he almost trips trying to get to me. He stands in front of me grabbing my hand.

"Tom I cut a finger on my other hand. I just need a bandaid." He sighs in relief and jogs upstairs and comes back down with a bandaid for my cut. He puts it on the cut and kisses my finger. I smile at him and give him a peck on the lips going back to cutting veggies. I finish cutting them up and put them into a pan with some spices and a little cooking oil. I take a spatula and flip the veggies and chicken so that they cook all the way through. When I'm done I start looking for plates and silverware but Bill stops me.

"I can get that, you've already done plenty." Bill walks past me and grabs the plates and silverware. I grab a towel and pick up the pan placing the towel on the table and placing the pan down on top of the towel. I go to grab a large spoon to scoop out the food but I'm stopped by Bill pushing me into a chair.

"Sit you deserve a break." He walks over and grabs a spoon. Tom sits next to me and holds my hand. Bill puts the spoon into the pan and sits across from us. Tom is the first to dish out some of the stirfry. Once he's done he hands me the spoon. Bill is the last to dish out his food. We all start eating, Bill is the first to say something.

"Okay we may need to hire you as the cook for the band, this is amazing." He takes another bite smiling to himself. I chuckle at his comment.

"Well, I wouldn't mind it considering I don't really have a job anymore, plus I'd get to spend more time with all of you." I feel Tom squeeze my hand and I turn to him smiling. We eat and chat for a while until we hear something hit the wall. An intense feeling of dread hits me as I hear girls shouting outside. It's in German but I can already tell that it's about me. Tom tenses and goes to stand up. I grab his hand and pull him to sit down next to me.

"Tom, it's best not to do anything, they aren't worth it."

"They may not be worth it but you are, you are everything to me, I can't just let them talk about you like that." He turns to me with sadness in his eyes.

"I can't understand a word they are saying, so nothing they say can get to me. Ignore them, in fact. Hold on." I run up to Tom's room where I saw headphones laying on a table. I grab them and go back downstairs placing them over his ears. He looks up at me confused and I kiss his nose. He smiles up at me and mouths thank you. I move my hands from his ears to the sides of his face and I pull him into a kiss. I pull away and he pulls me into his lap holding me. I hug him and place my face in his neck waiting for all of this to blow over.

I'm scared but I'd never let that pull me away from him.