a second try at cricket

It's been like 2 weeks since I got hit with the cricket ball and I'm getting better my chest is a bit tighter than usual and it hurts when it is touched I still have to wear the bandage and the brace I get them off for good in another 4 weeks or so. Today Riley took me back down to play cricket with the boys I sat on the edge of the pitch making a sand castle well they played.

Until Riley came over and asked if I wanted to have a go at batting with him he said he would help me do it because it is still hard to move around. I stood with the bat in my hands and my head held up high ready for the shot Riley was standing behind me acting as support. He put his hands on top of mine ready to help me swing the bat. The ball came hurdling towards us and I got scared and went to move but because Riley was there I couldn't move out of the way and the cricket ball hit me in the back of the head I fell to the ground and I could hear Riley yelling at the bowler then he came to check on me I was still on the ground my hands clutched to the back of my head. He said did it still hit you. I nodded he said maybe it was just my hand let me look. He took out my pony tail and looked for a bump but their was nothing I was confused but turned out Riley had put out his hand and the ball had bounced off of his hand and his hand had hit me in the back off the head not the ball. Riley picked me up and took me back to my little spot in the sand and said char come get me if you need anything. Ok I said quietly.