Chapter One

"Good riddance!" Blue scoffed as she ran through the woods, after killing the indoraptor. Or so she thought she killed him. The indoraptor struggled to get up from the horns, which impaled him. He was so weak, and lost so much blood. Despite it all, he fought for his life. He dragged himself through the shiny, Lockwood manor floor.

A lady walked in on the half-conscious creature. She worriedly called for help. Next day, the indoraptor woke up at the vet. He had been treated, and his wounds were all wrapped up. He heard people talking. "Luckily, whatever stabbed your pet didn't impale any of his organs, or it wouldn't have ended well." "Thank you for saving his life. I'll pay you when I get my next pay check, is that alright?" "Yes, love. He'll be discharged tomorrow. He needs lots of rest, and he'll get well soon."

He was too tired and weak to do anything. "What have they done to me? Where am I? What's going on? Who are these people? Am I gonna be okay?" Loads of thoughts raced through his mind. He was afraid, and stressed. But all he could do, was lay there, helplessly, and depend on those humans, something he thought he'd never be caught dead doing. "Come pick him up tomorrow, but remember, still keep him calm and well-rested." The vet said. "Alright. Just please make sure he gets better." The lady that saved the indoraptor said. And then, she left.

As she was walking away from the veterinarian, she ran into Blue. The two stared at each other for a split second, the lady, paralyzed with fear, before Blue ran off. The lady safely got into her car, and drove away.

The next day, the lady went back to the veterinarian to pick up "her" indoraptor. She drove anxiously the whole ride. When she got there, she ran into the building. The vet who she spoke with the day before met with her at the desk. "Hey, how's it going?" She asked. "I'm fine. A little nervous, but fine." The lady answered. "I understand. It's really hard seeing your pet like this." The vet said. The lady got annoyed. "He's not my pet. I just found him hurt on the floor, and decided to help." She said. "Oh..." the vet said. "well, if he doesn't have a home-" the lady interrupted, "No, no no no! He can stay with me for a month or two, but after that, back to the wild he goes." The lady said.

The vet went back into the room where the poor indoraptor was in, and carefully slid a leash on his neck, and handed the leash to the lady. They both smiled at eachother, before the lady went outside the building with her "pet". The indoraptor smiled at the feeling of the warmth of the sun beaming on his skin.

Throughout the whole car drive, the indoraptor kept to himself, on the corner. He kept looking at the lady, which he somewhat kind of knew, deep down, that the lady, was trying to help. The lady looked at the rear view mirror, and tried to talk to him. "Hey... I-I'm Peyton. What your name?" The lady asked, half-expecting a response. the indoraptor just stared at her blankly.

"Great. Now I'm talking to a dinosaur. Wow, I'm officially crazy." Peyton thought. Once they got to her apartment, the indoraptor curiously sniffed the place. "Sorry it isn't big enough for you. You're a big one. Try not to knock anything down." Peyton said to the indoraptor. She laid a pool of newspapers on the floor, and filled the sink to the top with water. "You do your business on the newspapers, and drink from the sink." Peyton said.

The indoraptor looked at everything with complete interest. The table, the carpet, the ceiling fan...everything was so new and interesting to him. He watched the ceiling fan spin and spin, getting dizzy, but he was fascinated. He pounced up and tried to touch it. "No!!" Peyton yelled. "Stop! You'll break it and after your medical bills, I won't have enough money to fix it!"

Her yelling startled the indoraptor. So he layed low, licking himself, until Peyton turned on the television, and a documentary on rabbits popped up. The Indoraptor stared stealthily at the television, and Peyton, knowing he was about to pounce, acted quickly and turned it off. "No! Bad...whatever you are!" He turned around, and his tail whipped a vase, knocking it down.

Peyton took some deep breaths. "It's only temporary. It's only temporary. He'll be gone before you know it." After an hour, The indoraptor felt the urge to go, and raised his leg on Peyton's new shoes. Peyton acted quickly, grabbed the near-by broom and whacked him with it. "Ugh! How can one survive with a being 20x the size of a German shepherd." Peyton yelled.

The indoraptor didn't trust Peyton at this point. She felt as if maybe she was a bit too harsh on him. So, to gain his trust, she reached out to let him. Feeling threatened, he snapped at her, and she quickly pulled back, but understood. The indoraptor turned around, clearly upset at everything. "Why did she whack me? What did I do wrong?" He scoffed to himself. He was double stressed.

Peyton got up to get a bar of chocolate. As she unwrapped it, she got the attention of the indoraptor. He watched her with curiosity. Peyton noticed his attention. "Want this?" She said, reaching to give him the chocolate bar. The indoraptor hesitated, but in an instance, quickly snatched it and gobbled it up like a hungry hyena, which surprised Peyton. "Woah! Slow down! No one's taking it from you."

As he was enjoying the sugary aftertaste of the chocolate, Peyton reached to pet him. He pulled away, but reluctantly let her. After a few days, he learned how to enjoy pats and hugs, and even begged for them. Who knew an aggressive hostile killing-machine could turn so sweet,tender and docile over an agujaceratops skull and a bar of chocolate?!

The indoraptor, who Peyton named Blayne, after her great-grandfather, Blaine, was fed 12 pieces of raw cow-steak a day, drank from the sink, which was always filled with water, did his business outside. Of course, there were a few broken frames, pee on the carpet, chewed up shoes, but Peyton was easy-going enough not to let it affect their relationship. It was expensive feeding Blayne, but she managed.

One day, Blayne was basking in the sunlight outside, when he saw Blue. Anger filled his mind, and his blood boiled. "You!" He yelled. "Me?" Jerked Blue. "Who else? You! Remember me?" He snapped. "How could I forget." Blue sighed. "You hurt me bad, now, face up to the karma." Blayne said, baring his teeth.