Chapter 3

Months had passed after that night. Peyton had pretty much given up on ever finding Blayne. She kept herself busy with her work and friends. There was still a hole in her heart, and she knew that only Blayne could fill it. She started to accept that she'll probably never see him again, and she hoped that he was ok. That he was safe. Where ever he was.

Blue crept up on Blayne, who was sleeping in the warm sunshine, and pounced on him with a raptor-screech. Startled, Blayne jumped up in the air like a scared little kitten. Blue almost chocked laughing. "What was that for?" Blayne said, slightly annoyed. "Just checking on your reflexes. You'll need them when you're hunting to feed 3 raptors." Blue said.

"3 raptors? Are you inviting someone into our pack?" Blayne asked, confused. Blue shook her head, and signaled Blayne to follow her. Curiosity ate Blayne up, so he followed her. She lead him to an egg. "Woah, what's that?" Blayne asked, amazed. "An egg." Blue replied. "Is it food? It's kind of small to feed both of us." Blayne said, sniffing the egg. "It's not food. I laid it." Blue said, with a smile. "Ok...then what do you do with an egg?" Blayne asked, confused.

"You keep it warm and safe until it hatches." Blue replied. "And when it does hatch?" Blayne asked, confused. "It's kind of hard to explain. But you'll see when it hatches." Blue said. Blayne was confused. "If it's not food, then why do we have it?" Blayne thought to himself.

Months had passed, and one day, Blue yelled for Blayne. "BLAYNE!!!! COME HERE!!! QUICK!!" Quickly, Blayne bolted towards Blue. "BLUE!! I'M COMING! ARE YOU OK? ARE YOU HURT??!!" Blayne yelled as he raced to Blue. He finally reached her, out of breath. He gasped for air, and as he looked up, he saw a very excited Blue.

She pointed to egg, which had a crack. Blayne got a bit annoyed. "So? You made me worry for what?! A crack on this rock?" Blayne said. "No silly! Watch." Blue said, as she gentle tapped on the egg. Blayne watched in awe as a leg sprouted from the egg, and then, a whole entire baby raptor. "Woah! Blue this is amazing!!" Blayne said, excited.

"I know right." Blue said, with a soft smile. "How did you figure out how to grow your own food?!" Blayne said, enthusiastically. Blue's face went from happy, to disappointed. "I thought you'd understand by now, that this is your son." Blue said. Blayne heard sadness in her voice. "I have a child? This is how children are made? I thought kids came from labs. I'm sorry Blue." Blayne said.

Blue's heart broke. Of course Blayne thought children were made in labs. He had no idea about the miracle of childbirth. "He's so small." Blayne said, gently picking him up. Blue watched him interact with the baby. She saw a love in his eyes for the baby, and her heart melted. "What should we name him?" Blue asked.

"Ari." Blayne replied. Blue and Blayne shared a moment with their baby, snuggled up with eachother as they watched the baby peacefully sleep in the sunlight.

3 months later, and Peyton had almost completely moved on. She could never complete
Move on. You'd know if you ever had a pet. If they disappeared, you couldn't forget or replace them without guilt in your heart.

Blayne went on and took Ari for their daily hunting trip. "Ok, Ari, see that snake? Go for it and show me what you got so far." Blayne said, as he sat back and watched his son charge for the snake. But, the snake saw Ari just in time, and quickly slithered away. Frustrated, Ari turned back and angrily stomped away from an unsuccessful hunt.

"Hey, it's alright, Ari. Remember, don't charge at it from 20 feet away, like you did. Sneak up on it, and then, pounce on the unsuspecting prey." Blayne said. "Ok. Can I try it on that mouse over there?" Ari asked, with new hope and determination to maul the creature. "Go and show me your inner indoraptor." Blayne said.

Ari sneakily stalked the mouse, and when he was close enough, pounced on it. The mouse squeaked and wriggled to escape. Ari used his sickle claw to stab the life out of the mouse. The mouse let out a couple of last, little squeaks, before fate took over it, and it died. Ari brought the mouse back to his father, enthusiastically.

He dropped the mouse at his father's feet. "How did I do?" Ari asked, excitedly. "Impressive, little Ari! You may be even better than I am." Blayne joked. "I'll be 1,000x better when I have quills like you!" Ari said. "You...what?" Blayne asked, confused. "My quills! They're gonna look just like yours, dad." Ari said. "Y-yeah! They will." Blayne lied, not wanting to discourage or disappoint Ari.

Some time later, it was Ari's first birthday. "Happy birthday, Ari." Blayne said. "I got this for you." He said, handing him a stolen necklace he stole from some unsuspecting human. "Wowee!! What is that?!" Ari asked, curiously. "Oh...um... it's for...your neck! Yeah!" He said as he fixed it around Ari's neck. "It makes you look like the shiny little star that you are." Blayne said.

Ari admired his shiny new necklace, that glittered in the sun, for a few minutes. Then, he tired to Blue. "What did you get me, mom?" He asked. Blue handed him an egg. "Wowee! Food!!" Ari said excitedly, as he tried to bite into it. His parents chuckled and pulled him away. "It's an egg." Blue said. "Huh. Is it a toy? How do you play with it?" Ari asked, confused. "It's your little sibling." Blayne said.

"Sibling? What's that? Can I eat it?" Ari asked. Blue and Blayne burst out laughing. "No, no. It's a little raptor for you to play with." Blue said. "Oh." Ari said, none too excited. "Are you going to love it more than me?" Ari asked. "No, Ari. We'll love you both the same. There will be no favorites." Blayne said. "You promise?" "Hands down."

After the baby girl was born, Ari looked at her small shape. "It's so small." Ari said. "She, it's a she, dear." Blue corrected. Blayne was the happiest of all. "It's an indoraptor! Like me! I'm going to teach it all sorts of things!!" Blayne beamed. "She. She's a female." Blue said, quite annoyed. Ari got a bit sad. "Seems like you really wanted an indoraptor." He said. "Sorry im just a plain old raptor, like mom."

"Ari!" Blue scolded, kind of offended. "There's nothing wrong with being a plain old raptor, Ari. You and your mother are both beautiful. Besides, I'm holding on to my promise. I love you both the same." Blayne said. "Thank you, dear." Blue said to Blayne. "And today, we're going on a little trip to visit daddy's human!" Blue said. Ari got almost as excited as Blayne. They began their trip to visit Peyton.