Chapter 2

"Sorry! I was only protecting my alpha." Blue answered. "I don't give a hoot. I wouldn't be in this situation if you didn't get in the way!" He snapped. "Well, you wouldn't be like this if you weren't so stubborn!" Blue snapped back. "How are you even surviving anyways?" His face got embarrassed. "Um...  I'm toughing it out! Like the brave creature I am! A little wound won't stop me!" He lied. "Wow...that sounds promising." Blue said, unimpressed. "Ok...fine!" Blayne said. "This human is feeding and caring for me."

Blue laughed. "You're a pet?!!" She laughed. "I'm  nobody's pet! I'm completely independent, I'm just...with her until I feel better." Blayne said. "I...I can't believe the cold-hearted, brutal human-hater bonded with a human!" Blue laughed. "I'm not bonding with her! I'm only using her to my benefit for free food! When I'm done using her, i'll kill her." Blayne lied.

"Ok...whatever you say..." Blue teased "You sure you'd have the guts to kill her? You sure you're not bonded with her?" Blayne turned red. "Yes! I could do it right now. even if I wasn't injured." Blayne said. "Ok, house-hybrid." Blue teased.  "Hey! I'm no house-hybrid! I'm an independent, stealthy night hunter!" Blayne said. "Ok 'stealthy night hunter', but what even are you? I've never seen  anything like you before. You're not a raptor, that's for sure." Blue said.

"I'm a indoraptor." Blayne answered. "Think as me like you, but more advanced." He said. "Oh, so you think you're better than me?" Blue sassed. Blayne got reassured. "I never-'' "Well I bet you, you can't even catch a rabbit, or a mouse in under a day." Blue interrupted. "I'd be surprised if you even manage to bring back a butterfly." Blue laughed.

"What! Nonsense! I could bring back a whole spinosaurus if I felt like it!" said Blayne, clearly offended. Blue cracked up "Ok, house-hybrid. What makes you think you can hunt a Spino when you're dependent on a human? Trust me, house-hybrid, you can't keep on living off Walmart-bought cow meat forever and sink water. She's going to return you to the wild eventually." Blue said.

Blayne looked down. He knew she was right. Peyton already seemed annoyed with him already! There's so way she could cope with it forever. "Is living out in the wild fun?" Blayne asked. Blue looked the sky. "There are pros and cons. Pro, you're a free bird. Nobody controls you, only you do. Con, it's really hard. I mean, you always have to look out for prey and predators, and you have to survive. It ain't easy."

"Sometimes I almost wish I was a pet myself, like the old days when my alpha practically owned me." She continued. "How about you? Ever been out in the wild?" She asked. Blayne looked at the floor ashamed. "Nope. Never. Not even once. I've never been not owned by anyone for a second in my life. You're right. I'm a house-hybrid. Created in a lab to be used for who knows what. All I've ever known was cages and tasers." Blayne said.

Blue looked at him understandably. "Mmm. Abused?" "Yup. All my life." Blue felt bad. "Hey, I'm sorry. How about we refresh. Hey, I'm Blue, pleased to meet you!" She said, as she smiled warmly. "Hey Blue, I'm Blayne. Pleased to meet you too." He said, staring at her beautiful smile.

"You're beautiful, Blue." He blushed. She got red. "T-thank you..." she said. "Hey, Blayne, how about we ditch the human and go live our lives in the wild together?" Blue asked. "I don't know... I don't have the skills nor knowledge for it. Besides, I wouldn't want to leave my human without a goodbye." Blayne said.

"Trust me, she won't miss you. Come on, let's go!
Before I change my mind!" Blue said, running into the woods. Blayne reluctantly followed her.
Peyton noticed that Blayne had gone missing. She looked all over the house, outside and the neighborhood for him. She put up missing signs and made a few calls, but despite her efforts, her beloved exotic pet was no where to be found.

After having a really good, heard cry. Peyton fell asleep. Did she miss him? Peyton woke up with a heavy heart. "Maybe he ran off into the wild. Maybe he felt as if he was ready. Maybe he was healed. I was going to free him when he was healed anyways." Peyton thought. "But why did he leave without a goodbye? Did he...hate me?" A soft tear ran down her check as she hugged her pillow while in the fetal position.

Meanwhile, Blayne felt guilty. "Maybe she misses me. Or does she not care?" Blayne said, sad Blue began sniffing for prey. "She won't miss you. She's probably glad you're gone. Now stop acting like a kidnapped puppy and come help me hunt!" Blue said, firmly. Blayne lazily got up. "Ok...I've gotten a bit rusty though." He said. "Pssh. Rusty! You're only saying that because you can't hunt." Blue scoffed.

"I may be somewhat domesticated but I'm still a raptor and still built for hunting! It's in my DNA!" Blayne replied, offended. "Ok then. Dinner is on you today." Blue challenged. "Ok! I'll go get something twice my size!" Blayne replied, competitively. Blue watched him run off. "Pssh. I'd like to see him try!"

It grew dark, and Blayne still wasn't back yet. "Maybe he went back to his human." Blue said to herself. "How could he! Doesn't he know I'm waiting?! Whatever. I guess i'll just sleep hungry tonight." She said, as she started to sleep. Suddenly, Blayne poked out of the bushes, dragging a horse. "Sorry I'm late, Blueblue. I had to walk all the way to the countryside to some unsuspecting farmer and snag one of his horses. Then I had to travel back with the meal."

"Wow! Impressive! I thought you ditched me for your human. I can't believe you would walk all the way there for prey for me." Blue said. For some reason, that made her feel special, and she started falling for him. "Of course, Blueblue. I'd walk to the other side of the world for you." He said, with his eyes glued on her.

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You win." She chuckled. "Let's eat. I'm starving!" Blue said. "Wait, umm..." Blayne said. "Can I get a kiss maybe? That trip was kind of exhausting." Blue looked at him, blushed and chuckled. "On one condition, drop the nickname 'Blueblue' and I'll consider it." She said. "Done deal!" Blayne said, and then, they both shared a kiss.